Chapter 35

Three days.

Three days after our talk in the broom closet, my mom picked Niall up, took him to a train station, and sent him away. I know all of this because Zayn told me. As soon as he told me that my mom was the one to pick Niall up, I knew it was officially over.

We didn't bother saying a formal goodbye. He took my virginity in a fucking broom closet, and that was the last I heard from him. Life sucks.

Before we went our seperate ways, I wrote my address on his arm. I can only hope he still has it. Maybe he'll write to me, or maybe he'll come back for me. I hope so. Once I go to college next year, I won't live at that address anymore... That's when our time is truly up. Unless he contacts me before then.

I don't know where he is. He never told me. That fact alone is enough to hurt like a bitch if I dwell on it for too long.

But I'm getting better. It's been a week since he was sent away. My mom doesn't know that I know what she's done. In her mind, all I know is that Niall dumped me without an explanation. I plan to keep it that way for now. If she knew I knew what she did, and that Niall has our address, she'd make me move to like, a different country. And that's the last thing I want. I've had enough change for one week.

Harry and Brett are so happy in their new relationship. It makes it hard for me to be around them. It makes me miss Niall. Who am I kidding? Everything makes me miss Niall.

"Madison...?" Zayn speaks carefully. Everybody's so careful with me, as if I'm the most fragile human being in the world.

"You don't have to say it like that."

"Like what?"

"Like I'm fragile and if you're tone is too rough I'll start sobbing." I respond, raising my eyebrows.

He bites his lip, avoiding eye contact, "Sorry..."

I grab his hand and rise to my feet, "Come on."

"Where are we going? I only have like a half hour until I have to go back to work..." He sees the wild look in my eye and he's meeting it with wariness. I don't blame him.

"Let's do something crazy." I suggest, smirking.

"Like... Like what, exactly?"

"Get matching tattoos, dye our hair. I don't know. Something exciting and new." The more I think about it, the more adrenaline pumps through my veins. I need to do something different and exciting and new and something completely unlike me.

"Uhh I don't know if that's the best idea right-"

"If you're gonna be a buzzkill, I'll just go alone." I snap, "So decide which Zayn you're gonna be for the next 29 minutes of our time together: chill, fun Zayn, or the Killer of fun Zayn."

Zayn rolls his eyes, "Where do you wanna go, you fucking sociopath?"

I smile triumphantly, "I want my hair neon pink."

He lets out an involuntary snort before realizing I'm not joking.

He regains his composure, smirking at me, "Let's go then. Although that'll take more than 29 minutes. I'll have to leave you there."