Chapter 28

(Wow, you guys got that last chapter to 5 votes and 5 comments super fast, so here's an update... Bruh )

(This chapter is gonna be a bit different from the others. We're gonna jump to Harry's point of view, hope you like it ;)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!)

Harry's POV:

I suck in a shaky breathe before knocking on her door.

I'm not ready for this. I'm really not. Kelly is literally the nicest girl I've ever met. And she's beautiful. She's the kind of girl that cries when she kills a spider. How could I break the heart of someone so perfect?

After all, she did nothing wrong. All of this is my fault.

Well, maybe it's not. I can't control the fact that I like guys. But I should've realized it sooner. Heck, I've known it for a long time. I just tried to ignore it.

But my ignorance has led to this.

My hands start to sweat when the door flies open. Kelly's eyes are swimming with confusion, but only for a second. Then she realizes it's me and throws her arms around my neck, "Hey babe! Didn't know you were coming over today!" She squeaks cheerfully, planting a quick kiss on my lips.

I hit her with the lamest line in the book, "Kelly uh... We need to talk."

She pulls away from me, puzzled, but still cheery, "Okay, what's going on babe?"

I bite my lip, heart racing. Panic courses through my veins. How the fuck do I tell the girl I've been with for six months that I'm into guys?!

She pushes a stray curl out of my face, her strategically plucked eyebrows wrinkling in concern, "Harry, are you doing okay? Did something happen?"

I stutter, struggling to find the right words to tell her. I like boys... I'm not sure how long I've known. We have to break up.

In my head, the words flow so smoothly. But I can't say them because I'm not ready to see her hurt. After all, I do care deeply for her. Just not in the way that either of us thought.

But I have to tell her. I promised Madison. And God, Madison looked like hell. Her brother died and her boyfriend dumped her after almost getting killed by him....

Thinking of Madison just increases my feelings of compunction.

I have to do this now. For her, and for Brett, and for the girl standing in front of me. She deserves to be truly happy. I'm cheating her out of a happy relationship by lying to her like this.

"I'm gay, Kelly." I blurt out, eyes glued to my dirty brown boots.

At first, I receive no response. Then, to my horror, she laughs.

"Harry, shut up. That's not funny. Okay it's a little funny." She giggles.

She thinks I'm joking, oh fuck. What do I even do?!

I slowly raise my line of vision until it's steadily locked with hers, "I'm not joking, Kelly. I'm serious."

Her smile fades with lightning speed. Her face loses all of its cheerfulness and color, transforming into a sickly pale color. "You... What?!"

"I'm gay... I'm so sorry." My voice cracks. I begin to talk super fast, my panic fueling my endless stream of chatter, "I never meant to hurt you. I didn't realize it until recently. Well, I've always kind of known but I tried to ignore it because like, fuck, I thought I liked girls my whole life until I woke up one morning and faced my true feelings: that I didn't. I never meant to-"