Chapter 31

(I know it's been a few chapters since it was Niall's point of view, so if you need a recap of what happened earlier on with Niall, go and reread chapter 27 before you read this one. Or if anything in this chapter confuses you at all, just go back and skim through that one to understand :) enjoy)

Niall's POV:

It's been three days since I broke up with Madison.

If I'm honest, I've barely been thinking about her. I try to keep my mind elsewhere, because thinking about her for long periods of time can cause me lots of pain and irritation.

Mostly, my mind has been focused on what I'm going to say to her mother.

Anxiety has been eating me alive. Three days ago, Mrs. Kelly told me that she'd call me in three days for me to tell her my decision. Today is the day she wants her answer.

She wants me to tell her where I want to move away to. Then, when I'm better, she's ready to make the arrangements and payments to send me there, so I'll be out of her daughters life for good.

I don't blame her for hating me. If I hadn't come back into Jeffrey's life, he'd still be alive, living his fake life as the perfect son and brother. If I hadn't entered Madison's life, she wouldn't have endured all of the trauma that she did.

I ruined Mrs. Kelly's perfect, artificial little family and she resents me for it. I still can't blame her.

But I have no idea where I want to go. Where would I fit in? A big city? Out in the country? Some small, sketchy ghetto? A suburban neighborhood? I'm not quite sure which type of environment I belong in.

But she wants her answer today and I don't know what I'm going to tell her.

I guess I don't have to actually decide today. After all, even if I tell her where I'm going to move to, I can't actually go there for another couple weeks. I have to rot in this boring hell hole until I get a few of my fingers reattached, and until I receive my prosthetic leg. Whether she likes it or not, I'm stuck here for the time being.

The day gradually ticks on by, anxiety eating me alive with each passing minute. When is she going to contact me? I know it's going to be today, she said she'd call in three days.

To my horror, a female nurse walks in with a bright smile and says, "Hey Niall, you have a visitor."

Fuck. She's coming to visit me instead of calling me? Why didn't she warn me of this?

Mrs. Kelly strolls into my hospital room, greeting me with the most artificial smile I've ever seen. She intakes a sharp gulp of air when she sees what I look like.

I smirk. Maybe my injuries that her son created will buy me some pity from her.

I watch as she closes her eyes for a few moments, recollecting herself. When she opens them, her fake smile is, again, plastered across her face, which, I should add, is caked with makeup.

"Hello boy. How are you.... How are you doing?"

"I've been better." I reply coldly. This bitch standing in front of me created the boy who chopped off my fucking leg and tried to kill me. If looks could kill, she'd be dead right now.

Her smile wavers, "Did you decide where you want to move to?"

I shake my head, "Not quite sure. And you do realize that even when I do decide, I can't leave the hospital for at least another three weeks."

Mrs. Kelly winces when I talk. My voice is improving, but my vocal cords are still damaged from when Jeff cut through parts of my neck. The end result is that I still sound like a smoker.