Chapter 2- "Break In"

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I knew something like this would happen," I heard my dad whisper.

"What's that?," I ask referring to whatever dad was holding in his hands.

"Oh, Lena I didn't see you there."

I cross my arms, "Dad.... What is that?"

"It's...a letter....from whoever did all this," he stated holding his arms out to the area surrounding us.

I walk away from the two and look around the dining room to see our cabinet full of china all broken and red graffiti on the walls.

I turn back to father and look at the envelope he was holding.

"W-what d-does it say?," I stuttered.

"I don't want you to look at this Lena," Dad said glaring at the letter in front of him.

I know my dad doesn't want me to freak out, so I obediently went back to Autumn to take care of her.

The police showed up and an ambulance. I sighed in relief as they came. They put Autumn on a stretcher and rolled her out of the house.

"Will she be okay?," I ask worriedly trying to keep up with the people getting in the back of the ambulance.

"Don't worry." Was all they said.

I go back inside to find my dad.

"Have you checked your room yet, Lena?," he asked.

My room! I ran upstairs and to my bedroom door. I turned the knob and held my breath as I entered. I looked around and fell to my knees in shock.

My posters were ripped. My stuffed animals looked like they had been murdered. My bed sheets were torn. My clothes were all on the floor. My snow globes and other collectibles were broken. I gasped as I read the writings on my wall.

It said "take cover, we're coming for you."

I take a step back in shock and end up tripping over something.

Then, I noticed pearls scattered on the ground, and a broken necklace. It wasn't any piece of jewelry, it was the one that belonged to my mom.

I started crying even harder and held the broken necklace in my hands.

Policemen charged in with guns pointed out. I screamed and backed up. As soon as they saw me they lowered their weapons. I guess they were making sure there weren't any of the burglars still inside.

"Are you alright?," a stern voice of a policemen asked me, "are you hurt?"

"No sir."

Father entered my room as well. As soon as he looked around he sat beside me on the floor. He held my hands in his realizing it was the pearl necklace I was holding.

"Sir, it seems like there are threats around your house. They're on almost all your walls. This is a big deal, would you like us to contact private investigators?" a policeman asked dad.

"Uh...yes please."

The policeman exited my room and so did the others that was with him.

Dad's eyes wandered to the writing on my wall. His stare grew frightened at what it said.

"It's alright, Lena, you will not get hurt. Don't worry."

After minutes of more crying, father took me downstairs to talk with the people who have come to check out the scene.

"Officer Reeves will watch you," Dad ordered.

I nodded as a lady in a police uniform stood next to me.

"Are you alright?," she asked with concern.

"I'm scared," I answered truthfully.

"You'll be alright don't worry," she said rather sweetly.

I'm really disliking the fact that everyone is telling me "don't worry" and that "everything will be alright".

I sat down on the staircase and Officer Reeves stood beside me.

"Do you need anything?," officer offered.

"No."

Everything happened so fast, I can't believe my eyes. Looking outside at my father and the private investigators makes me terrified. All of a sudden, they look over at me with serious expressions. I wonder what they are talking about.

Later on, my father comes up to me looking exhausted. It's already midnight and we've been swarmed with questions and more "don't worry"'s.

My father stands on the side of the staircase so that I am leveled with him. I hold my mug of hot chocolate in my hands and closer to my body. I've been feeling really cold the past hours, I even have a blanket covering me.

My dad looked at me as he spoke, "I need to ask you something."

"Okay."

He cleared his throat, "How do you feel about bodyguards?"