After a few moments of silence, my dad turned to face me and cleared his throat. I looked at him and raised my eyebrows.

          "After this, I promise I'll take you on a vacation trip to wherever you want. You know, as a reward for your attendance at these past meetings," my dad offered suddenly.

          I piped up in excitement, "Really?!"

          Usually my dad doesn't like going on vacations saying it's a waste of time and money. I looked over at him to see if he was serious or if he was just joking. Instead, he looked nervous.

          "Of course, and anywhere you like."

          "How about Paris?," I suggest still not believing him. If I suggest Paris maybe he would decline.

          "Paris it is!," dad exclaimed.

          "Seriously?!," I gaped.

          He nodded.

          "Thanks dad!," I piped up in excitement.

          He gently hugged me back and then let go to fix his suit from any wrinkles.

          "My bad," I giggled.

          After about twenty or so minutes, we reached a mansion of another wealthy businessman.

          On the way here, I couldn't help but notice that my dad seemed a bit more stressful than usual, actually a lot more stressful.

          "C'mon honey, let's go inside," dad said.

          I simply nodded and followed. The house we are at is humongous! We walked up to the front door that was twice my size, maybe even taller. We were greeted with a bow and escorted in by a butler in a tux. He had a polite smile and perfect posture.

          "I feel like royalty," I whispered to my dad. We walked through the entrance and found nobody there.

          My eyes wandered around the room as I took in my surroundings. This place was a lot nicer than mine. It even looks twice as big. The furniture and paintings were all vintage and had a nice retro look to them. It's a very typical mansion look like the ones in movies. And here I thought my house was too fancy.

          "Mr. French! How nice of you two  to join us," a lady around her thirties walked in, "The men are in the back talking their heads off. You can go right on ahead."

          "Thank you Mrs. Carson." My dad said politely before leaving to the back part of the house. I didn't know whether or not to follow him. I ended up just staying put.

          "You must be Lena!," Mrs. Carson spoke in my direction.

          "Yes ma'am," I say with my manners.

          "You look lovely! I've always wanted a daughter, but instead I got stuck with two boys so I never got to dress up anyone," she laughed.

          I looked down at my outfit. It was a plain white dress that went down to my knees, and a navy blue blazer. This outfit was pretty boring, but my dad chose it saying it was sophisticated.

          "Thank you Mrs. Carson." This is a very awkward state for me right now. I pressed my lips together and avoided eye contact.

          "Would you be a dear and help me with the food?," Mrs. Carson asked me.

          "Of course, Mrs. Carson."

          Seriously, all this formal talk I have to do is really getting on my nerves.