Chapter 8

---Kyle's pov--

I was once again confronted by Wendy, about how I should "stop trying to ruin her and Stan's relationship."

She's really overreacting. Am I that big of a threat? She has some possessive issues.

That's what I told her, and then she punched me. Right in the face. Leaving me with a black eye.

I think, to avoid more injuries, I'm going to "back off."

I know we're just friends and all, but I don't want to cause anymore trouble. So, I'll try my best to secretly avoid Stan. Should be pretty easy, right?

---Stan's pov---

Today at school, Kyle came in with a black eye. I could feel myself getting angry about it. Rage bubbling in my gut.

I want to know who did it and why. But every time I tried to get near Kyle, he would say he had some where else to be or Wendy would get in the way.

Why do I care so much anyway? I have Wendy, but Kyle's still my best friend. My super best friend. I have the right to be concerned.

Eventually, I found a point in the day were I could talk to Kyle.

"What happened to your eye, dude?" I ask sitting next to him in class.

"Nothing," he mutters at me coldly.

"I don't think that can happen from nothing," I said, grabbing his chin and moving his head so I could get a better look at his eye. His face instantly went red.

The teacher then walked in and Kyle swatted my hand away. He's being weird.