Chapter 1

--Kyle's pov---

Stan and I were talking in at lunch, like always. Then, Wendy came over to our table.

"Hey, Stan?" She asked sweetly.

"Yeah, babe?" He replies.

"Would you like to go shopping with me today? Maybe catch a movie?" She twirls her hair on her finger trying to look cute. It makes me feel sick.

"Sorry, I have plans with Kyle. Maybe tomorrow?" He say sympathetically.

"Ahh, uh, okay..." She looks over at me, "Kyle... Could we talk for a moment?"

"Hmm? Yeah sure..." I get up from the table and follow her to the hallway.

"So, what's up?" I ask. I'm not entirely sure what she wants.

"Look, I get you and Stan are 'super best friends' and all, but could you maybe back off?" She pauses, "He is my boyfriend after all. Not yours."

I stare at her for a minute. What does she mean by that? "What do you mean?" I hope she doesn't know that I like Stan.

I'm no that obvious...right?

She sighs, "I know you like Stan, Kyle. But he's mine. So, could you back off. I'm trying to be nice here."

"What?" Was all I could manage.

"You know what I mean Kyle. Bye." With that she walked back over to Stan.

How'd she know I liked Stan? And telling me to 'back off' when I haven't done anything is a little ridiculous.

It doesn't matter. I'm going to try not to think about it.