[16]

Warm coffee (I know he doesn't drink coffee, bare with me) was cradled in my hands, I needed the extra energy booster since I received barely any sleep last night. Normally, I'm not too keen on sipping a beverage that comes from beans, but it tastes better than downing two stay awake pills and I assume it's unhealthy to take off brand pills with your antidepressants anyway, so I brewed some coffee for Ryley and put it in the microwave too since she is addicted to the drink and I thought she might want it to keep her awake for school.

It was six in the morning, Ryley's alarm woke me up and I pounded the snooze button for her since she deserved more sleep than she received the night before. I thought waking her up around seven would be an appropriate time seeing as she didn't need to apply makeup to her face like normal girls, I've seen her get ready to an extent and she could be out of the house in five minutes if she needed to.

Time seemed to pass by quickly today, normally his mornings are filled with yawns and an insomniac mind that finally turned off when I finally need it to be awake fully which normally led to me taking some stay awake pills, but I cannot do that this morning since it's probably not safe to take with prescribed medications. It was already a quarter to seven and I knew I would have to wake up Ryley in the next five minutes in case she wanted to do something with her hair today like she does sometimes, but she is a bit stubborn and most likely will not get out of bed until two minutes before we have to leave.

I sighed, dumping the rest of my coffee down the sink drain, rinsing the mug with water and lumbering upstairs to my bedroom since Ryley was too tired to go to her own room last night, and I shook her lightly, but nothing happened except for her slapping me in the chest repeatedly to get me to go away.

Eventually, after staring at her for a good minute, I walked away to my closet to pick out my outfit for today since I had some things to do while she was at school. Hastily, I yanked the sweatpants off my legs and replaced them with my tan jeans before hoisting a plain, light gray sweater over my bare body. The outfit was one of my nicer put togethers, and I rushed into the bathroom to style my hair the way I liked it before brushing my teeth and making my way back out to the bed where sleeping beauty still laid, sound asleep as much as before I shook her.

"Wake up, school time come on!" I hissed in a hushed tone, shaking her slumped shoulders abruptly, but that didn't work and she ignored me like I was Scar from Lion King. I contemplated my methods for waking people up, thinking about how I could do so without having her be upset with me for the whole day, but anything at this point would cause her to be mad about not getting enough sleep, "Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey!" I hollered, earning a cringe worthy expression from Ryley as I held grip of the end of the comforter before I began to chant the other part of my saying, "Get up now or I'll pull off the blankey!"

Since she didn't move an inch in the amount of five seconds, I ripped the duvet cover off of her body which forced her into the haphazardly frigid spring air, but she wasn't too keen on happiness at this point as she scowled and recoiled into a ball, trying to savor the warmth of her body heat and she groaned when she realized all was lost.

"Now you have exactly ten minutes to get ready for school before we have to leave, hope you didn't want to do anything with your hair because that's not happening," I badgered, skipping away with a grin on my face. I was so happy today and I had no clue why, maybe reason that graduation was crawling behind me and she would no longer be a high schooler. This was the final transition to becoming an adult for her, her diploma.

"Kiwi," Ryley slurred, her voice not fully awake since she just woke up, "Pick out my outfit for me, will ya? I'm going to brush my teeth and straighten my hair, just...leggings or jeans are fine I guess, no skirts because I'm not in the mood," she explained tiredly, dawdling into my bathroom and locking the door behind her as the immediate muffled sound of water echoed.