[00]

Depression is normally labeled as continuous sadness by people and doctors who haven't experienced the disease in their lifetime, but for someone who is trying to battle it currently, I can confirm that continuous sadness is not the right label. Days are preoccupied by endless pits of sleeping, overthinking, and prescribed medication, it is never fun for me, but at least I know how my best friend felt every single day of her life. Everyone constantly insists that life will get better, but every thought in my head doubts that. How can everything be okay for everyone, how have they moved on with their lives?

Knowing that someone is in the hospital possibly because of me, it's the worst feeling in the world. There are so many things I would be more than glad to backtrack if I had the ability to go back in time, such as letting Andrea take advantage of me. She is the one that left me in January and I was too oblivious to realize she was only using me to get in Ryley's face, I should have known. God, how could I have been so stupid?

Life could be taken away from you at the blink of an eye and many people don't understand the concept of a short life span. My best friend was feeling so threatened by the people around her that she felt suicide was the only answer. Being a fairly popular creator in the YouTube world, I have experienced many young people telling me I am their role model, the person they look up to most. It definitely puts some pressure on your back knowing that you influence multiple people, it truly is very hard when you have to be hasty about every single move you make.

Giving up will never be an option in my eyes, especially when I know that my little fighter still hasn't abandoned her life. I have tried my hardest to get out of bed, do something to try and occupy myself in order to get away from the fact that the one person I want next to me might possibly never be in my life again, and it has hurt me for the few weeks that I have endured without her.

Fate will take it's tole on me and from now on, I'm letting it. The only thing I can possibly do for myself and Ryley is to fight like it is my last day on Earth, that is what I plan on doing.

§§§

Confusion: Yes this is in Kian's point of view and this takes place a few weeks after Ryley has been in the coma. Playlist has passed, they are back home and if you're wondering yes Ryley is also in the Los Angeles hospital, they have helicoptered her back to her home. Kian has fell into depression after the turn of events because he thinks it's his fault, and I think that mostly clears everything up? Okay, don't hate on me because this is the shortest prologue you have ever read, but I'm in love with this chapter. The chapters from here on will get longer for sure, but for the first few updates don't hold me to that, because it'll take me awhile to kind of get into the vibe of the story and stuff. Okay, thanks for taking your time to read That Broken Girl and the first part to That Broken Boy, I love all of you guys so fricken much.