[09]

Short filler type chapter

The car was put into drive and Ricky took a deep breath while still watching the road intently, "There could be a reason that she bottles things up though. Trust issues, bullying, anxiety, those are all disorders that can mess with your head."

"I know, and she's talked to me about that before, like not fully but she's mentioned like her uh anxiety and depression and anorexia and stuff, but it still hurts that she can't trust me still. If she trusts me with her mental illness information, then why can't she trust me with her feelings?"

"She's been broken too much to be fixed, Kian. You can help her the best you can, but she will never be fully recovered."

I shook my head and stared at him, "Don't you honestly think that's complete bullshit? I mean c'mon Ricky, you're basically saying that she'll be depressed for the rest of her life and there's nothing I can do about it. Everything and everyone can be fixed, some just take more time and devotion than others, but it's possible."

"Kian, you need to think of this situation from someone else's point of view. It's obvious you love her, you don't want to think any differently of your best friend, but she is broken and she is unfixable, no matter how many times she or you tell yourselves differently. Think of it this way, if you grab a plate and throw it to the floor, will it break?"

I thought for a moment before answering, giving a simple nod and replying, "Yeah."

"Okay, now what if you tell the plate that your sorry?"

I shrugged, "I don't know."

"Well, did it fix by telling it your sorry?"

I gasped, finally understanding what Ricky was explaining, "No, because words can't heal what has already been said or done, you'll always remember what someone has done to you whether it's calling you ugly or punching you in the face and no one has tried super gluing Ryley back together, even if they said sorry a million times it wouldn't fix her."

"You need to be prepared, what you're getting into is uncommon grounds and you really need to decide if you want to go through with this because once you've taken that step forward, there's no backing out. I know you love her, but sometimes...you mine as well throw away the broken plate rather than trying to fix it."

She hasn't lost the war, only the battle. There is a complete difference between the two, Ryley hasn't given up and she is still fighting, she is still trying, "She's worth it, Ricky." I mumbled, "Shes completely worth it."