[12]

Spinning surroundings and repeating words in my head are slowly driving me to insanity while I dawdle along the vacant sidewalk, wishing I could rewind time to eliminate my actions. I could only imagine what Ryley is thinking after I ran out on her without another word, is she thinking the worst? Is our friendship going to be put on the line?

With shaky hands, I quickly punched in speed dial number two and pressed the phone up to my ear, awaiting the raspy voice that would echo through the speaker, "Hello?"

I sighed, "Connor, it's me, uh Kian--"

"Ki! How are you!? How was prom? Was it good?"

"Er...yeah it was...okay."

After some static and heavy breathing on the other line, Connor finally suspected something was up, "Kian, what's going on? Are you okay?"

"I-I think I made a huge mistake..."

"I saw your tweet, I knew something was going on but I thought you would be able to handle it yourself since you're eighteen, almost nineteen in what...? Four months? Yeah, four months."

(Keep in mind that it is May of 2014 so Kian has not turned nineteen yet and Connor has not left O2L yet, this story takes place in the past a bit, but it will soon catch up to the present.)

"Connor, I kissed Ryley," I said bluntly before there was this huge crash and dead silence on the other line, making me question how clumsy Connor could really get, because he has fallen down the stairs a couple of times while talking on the phone, "Con, did you fall down the stairs or something, should I--"

"YOU KISSED RYLEY!?"

"Yeah, uh that is kind of my problem, the reason why I called you."

"WAS IT MAGICAL!? ARE YOU GUYS GETTING MARRIED NOW!? I DON'T SEE THE PROBLEM, EVERYONE HAS BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT FOR ETERNITY, HASHTAG MCLAWLEY," He screeched into the phone, squealing like someone just took his coffee.

"Okay, okay Connor. You need to calm down, obviously I would be hardcore squealing as much as you if this was a good thing, but it's not."

"Why isn't it? I mean, you've had this massive crush on her ever since playlist live, which was three months ago," he said quietly.

"I-I know...but I don't think she likes me like that. I'm afraid, that I ruined our friendship. She means the world to me, Connor. Even if I can't have her like that, I'm willing to push all feelings aside because she's my best friend. I don't know what to do," I began pacing back and forth on the sidewalk aimlessly, looking like a madman to any human walking by.

"It's simple, okay. Calm down, breathe and listen to me. You need to talk to her, immediately. It's been like two hours since that happened, right? You've given each other enough time to calm down, enough time to think about what happened, you're both ready to talk about your feelings. You guys have been through a lot since meeting her almost a year ago, you guys will survive this."

"I don't know, Connor--"

"Kian, she needs you and you need her. Also, hate to stress you out even more, but it's Saturday, so you need to upload--"

"Already uploaded both main and collab channel," I interrupted.

"This has nothing to do with you but she also have finals coming up I think either this week or next, graduation is June 4, then she'll officially be an adult."