Chapter 10// Jealousy

Start from the beginning

"Never in a million years," Cole rolled his eyes and flashed a smile. "Seriously though, I dunno who she'll ask."

"Or who will ask her." I said.

"Yeah, I hope it's not some idiot. Like I get were twins and all but I still look out for her. Like I don't want some player screwing her over."

Well I won't do that, for sure.

Just then, Chloe walked in the dug out, texting on her phone. She ran into Braden, not watching where she was going.

"Ah!" Chloe shouted, flustered at what had just happened. "Oh my god, you scared me."

I started to laugh and so did Braden. "Not hard to do when you're not looking,"

She shook her head and gestured to the complex. "Sorry, I'm a little preoccupied. I don't think I've ever been in a place with this many boys before."

Cole patted the spot on the bench between Zack and him and Chloe sat in it.

"Any good prospects?" Zack asked.

"Yeah, there's a really cute guy on the southwest team." Chloe said with a smug smile.

Zack sighed, not even realizing how she could've misconstrued what he was asking until now. "Thanks, because I was totally wondering."

I really wanted to know which one, but I wasn't going to ask. It would be obvious then that I was defensive about her.

"What guy?" Cole asked, narrowing his eyes protectively. I was so thankful he'd asked.

I watched as Chloe raised an eyebrow, her face pinching into a suspicious frown and her piercing blue eyes glimmering ask she asked, "why?"

Cole shrugged, he wasn't going to let on that he was seriously going to "search" this guy to see if he was worthy or not. I knew, hoped, really, that she wasn't into him. I kind of thought we had something.. maybe not a relationship yet but I would try to initiate it.

"Maybe because I'm just wondering?" Cole replied sarcastically.

"Ben Gottfried. Maybe Benjamin but all he told me was Ben." Chloe admitted, intently interested in her phone.

So they talked? I thought she was just kidding. I still hoped she did. My mind would be so off during our games if she liked one of the players here - that wasn't me. If we ended up playing the west team, I'd personally look for this kid.

"Ohh, yeah. I know who you're talking about. Kid's got a sweet arm and he's good at batting." Cole said.

Just as he finished, coach made us switch and it was now our turn to go onto the field. I'd definitely field well now, I was pretty fired up.

As I walked out of the dugout, Chloe put a hand on my arm and pulled me back. Her touch was so calming, and reassuring.

"You okay?" she asked. So it was obvious I was mad?

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little protective I guess." I admitted, popping my hat off my head and putting it back on.

Chloe laughed, "Of what?"

I smiled, it was impossible not too at the sight of her laughing. "You."

Before she could answer, Coach yelled. "Henline! Quit stalling, that's two laps around the field, now!"