Chapter 9: Tartarus and Moments to Remember

Annabeth's POV

Percy flashed out of the room. I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"I'll go find him," I breathed out, flashing out of the council room into Percy's palace on Olympus. I'm assuming he's there, since he said he would be packing.

When I entered Percy's room, I was surprised to see him sitting on his bed with his head in his hands, soft sobs wracking through his body.

I immediately ran over and sat next to him, enveloping his body into a tight hug.

"What's wrong baby?" I whispered to him as he cried into my shoulder. Seeing him like this broke my heart, the strongest person I know and love breaking down before my eyes.

"I-I don't want to go back Annabeth, I don't want our friends to live with the pain that we live with, I just don't wanna go back," He whispered to me, still crying. I felt the familiar sting of tears pricking at my eyes.

"I know Perce, I don't want to either. But we have to, for the world, for our family," I whispered, stroking his hair as he cried.

To others he is the King of the Gods, Hero of Olympus, leader of all demigods. But to me, he is still that confused 12-year old who drools in his sleep, (which he still does by the way).

"O-Okay," He sniffled, lifting his head up from my shoulders, revealing his bloodshot eyes.

"We'll be okay, we will all get out of the Pit okay, I promise." I told him, quickly kissing him on the lips.

He nodded and stood up, kissing my forehead in the process.

"Thank's Wise Girl, I don't know what I would do without you," He sighed, tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear.

I laughed. "You would probably be dead by now,"

"Agreed," He laughed, taking my hand, kissing me on the forehead again. I scrunched my nose up at the familiar sensation of his lips on my forehead.

"We should be packing now," I said, standing up, quickly pecking his lips before walking out of the room.

"Yeah," He agreed, rushing to catch up with me, linking our hands together.

"Perce, what if this prophecy isn't coming true for a while? The First Great Prophecy took hundreds of years to fulfill," I asked, looking up at him as we strolled through the vast hallways of his palace.

"But knowing our luck it will happen in a few months or so," He sighed, running his free hand through his hair. He does that a lot.

I felt a sudden throb in the back of my head then it all turned black.

——dream——

I was in a large room, full of blood red and black hues. A giant who's face I could not see, stood in front of a large blood red throne.

And sitting in this throne was my biggest nightmare, Tartarus himself. I let out a faint gasp, covering my mouth before anymore noises could escape my mouth.

"My master," The giant said in a deep voice, bowing down to Tartarus.

"Ah, Polybotes. What information do you have?" So it was Polybotes. That ugly brute made for killing my boyfriend's dad.

"The demigods are now gods, the Olympians are mortals. Their demigod spawn have taken their place. They know about your rise my master," Polybotes said, a nervous tinge in his voice.

"Ah, the sea and wisdom spawn are gods now?" Tartarus said, stroking his ebony beard, which contrasted with his dark red skin.

"Yes master," Polybotes spoke.