Chapter 4: King of the Gods

(hello it's maia from 2017 speaking, i'm publishing this edited chapter rn because i'm tired of people underestimating percy and his ability to be king. he's an amazing, strong, smart, and loyal character, and in my eyes, everything a person could want as a king. i'm tired of people, pardon my language, shitting on him and underestimating him. so here's a rewritten, slightly pettier chapter 4.)

Percy's POV

We partied the rest of the night. It got pretty crazy. Pollux produced the drinks, and Will managed the music. We all ended up passing out on the floor of the throne room. When I woke up my back was sore.

Piper yawned. "What are we going to be doing during our first full day of being gods?" She questioned.

"Maybe we could figure out the whole being a god thing first. We could experiment with our newfound abilities, and sort out the stuff with the council and so forth." Annabeth chimed in.

We all agreed, and set off on our way exploring our abilities. I focused all my energy on making an earthquake. soon enough, the floor began to rumble, knocking everyone to the ground except for me. I opened my eyes and everyone stared daggers at me. I shot back a sheepish smile and a simple "Sorry..".

"You better run kelp head," Thalia threatened.

"Come at me pinecone face," I teased.She shot up off the ground and began to chase me.

I looked behind me and shouted,"Can't catch me huh!? Try your best hunter girl," I said looking behind me seeing Thalia fuming.

"SHUT UP FISH FACE!"

"SQUIRREL NEST!"

"SEAWEED BRAIN!"

"TREE—"

"STOP!" Piper screamed, charmspeak laced through her voice. We both immediately stopped.

"SIT DOWN!" she commanded, as if we were dogs.Thalia and I obliged. we sat down, while everyone laughed their butts off. Leo even burst into flames once. I put on my best puppy pout, but I soon began laughing with them. Once we calmed down, and Leo was de-flamed, we all just laid on the floor, staring at the high ceiling of the throne room.

"Hey guys, what should we do now?" Conner inquired.

"I dunno, maybe we should discuss how we are gonna run this place, I mean, we do have A LOT of responsibilities now that we are, y'know, gods." Clarisse said. We all groaned but agreed at the same time. We all stood up and walked to our thrones. I took one look at those huge thrones and asked,

"How are we getting up there?"

"Ummm, change into our godly forms, I guess," Annabeth said.

"Well, how do we change into our godly forms?" Hazel inquired.Suddenly Hermes appeared in front of us.

"HEY DAD!!" Travis and Connor yelled.

Hermes chuckled."Hey boys, girls. How's being an Olympian? Sorry we forgot to mention this, but in order to change into your godly form, you must concentrate all your energy on your one true happiness, whether it be a person or a passion you have. Got it? Okay bye!!" Then he flashed out.

"Well that answered our question." Frank said.

"Let's try it out!" Hazel said excitedly.We all nodded and began trying. I closed my eyes and focused. What is my one true happiness? My mom? Blue food? The ocean? Wait, I got it. I focused all my energy on the girl who I fell into Tartarus with. The girl who saved my ass countless times. The one and only Annabeth Chase. I felt a surge of power go through my veins. I opened my eyes and I was towering over everyone, I was at least 25 feet tall right now.