I shook my head. "Not today."

"Oh." he frowned. "Alright."

"I'll ask Percy."

"It's alright." he said quickly.

"I'll still ask."

He nodded slowly. "... Thanks."

I drank the milk in my bowl and put it away. I got a thermos with some watery soup and went to Percy. Annabeth was gone, and he was staring blankly at the wall.

"Percy."

He turned to me and smiled a little, although he was still lethargic. I set the thermos aside and hung my coat and scarf.

"How're you feeling?"

"Sleepy. Better though."

I opened the thermos. "Lee said he could come."

"I'm fine with it." he assured. He streched and rubbed his eyes. "Much better now." he yawned.

I shoved the thermos and the spoon to him. "Eat."

He held his spoon in his hand and drank the hot stuff. He spluttered and took the thermos away from his mouth.

"Why do you think I gave you the spoon?"

He sipped the soup carefully. "For deco."

I sighed and watched him sip the soup. "Well, I'm glad you're feeling better."

He set the thermos aside and leaned back.
"Something different." he glanced at the IV.

I nodded.

He yawned and rubbed his eyes. "I was wondering why I was so sleepy. It's stronger, right?"

I nodded. He tore off the tubes off his arm.

"Percy-"

"I know you're trying to help. But I want to be awake the last days of my life." he tilted his head to the side. "Every hour is precious to me now. I can't waste a moment." He smiled at me. "I'm fine Victor. You can stop trying."

"How?"

He paused.

"How can I give up on you? How can I stop trying? Look- I don't want you to die. I want you to be comfortable."

"Victor-"

"Please. Can't you see it hurts? You think I can't hear you now? I know I'm being selfish, but please. Seeing you dead would be easier than seeing you in pain."

He fingered the tube. "Victor. But I don't want to sleep all the time."

I covered my eyes. "I know. I get it." I sighed and let my hands slip down. "At night then. Only at night."

He hesitated. "... Alright."

I rubbed my face. "I'll change it. And Lee won't come."

"But-"

"He's not coming."

He didn't say anything. I took the regular packet and hung it while connecting the tube. He stood up, going away from the tube.

"I'm going to take a shower."

He grabbed some clothes and left me standing there with the tube dripping of the painkiller.

~

Percy's POV

The numbing sensation started to fade, leaving pain behind it's path.

My neck and chest started to throb again along with my heartbeat. I could feel my blood pulsing through my whole body, my head ringing along with the beat. I sighed and looked up at the steamy water pouring out. I didn't know what to say to Victor. I was honestly tired of all this. Tired of living. But everything- everyone I would leave behind.

You still want to die?

Dying was natural for us. Me- I was abnormal. I wasn't supposed to live this long. I could feel the time wearing off of me, till I was just a handful of sand. I had to die. It was just so weird now- now that I had nothing to do. I remembered when I had promised to myself I would die after Tartarus did. Annabeth's face went through my head.

How would she feel?

It was painful enough for Annabeth to die in front of me. She was watching me die. What would she do when I died? She wouldn't.... I shook my head. She wasn't like that. She wouldn't. I ran my fingers through my wet hair. I turned off the water and dried myself immediantly. I dressed and came out of the door to see that Victor was gone.

I grabbed my coat and ran out of the infirmary.