Chapter 83

Victor's POV

I couldn't take my eyes off of Percy.

I was afraid he would have a breakdown, or even worse, go looking for Annabeth. There was a little bit of food, but it was left untouched. A few of the Hephastus kids were building the pyre. Chiron stood in front of it, looking down. Percy, Nico, and Jason carried her body wrapped in a electric blue silk shroud. It had arrows, lightning bolts, a lieutenant tiara, and a pine tree. It expressed her life well, how she served both Zeus and Artemis. The three placed her on the pyre and Jason took the torch from Chiron. He set the pyre on fire. It blazed up, till it looked liked it was touching the stars. Jason broke out into silent tears. Nico stared up at the flames expressionless. Percy just stood there, as if he didn't know how to feel. Piper put an arm around Jason. Reyna was next to him. Even Artemis was here with her huntresses, praying for their dead lieutenant.

Only Annabeth wasn't here.

The sons of the big three went back to their places. I found Reyna back next to me as the shroud completely dissapeared in the flames. I could barely smell the bitter scent of pinewood burning. The campers started to go as the last of the wood burned. I searched for Percy, but I couldn't see him. Leaving Reyna, I walked around, squeezing myself through campers. I spotted him on a chair, his arms wrapped around himself. He was bending down. I crouched down next to him.

"Are you okay?"

"I'll be fine." he said in a tight voice.

Most of the campers left, and he was still sitting there, not getting any better.

"Let's get you to your cabin."

I helped him up and he stumbled, leaning on me.

"I didn't see Annabeth."

"I did. You must of missed her."

He was silent.

"I looked for her."

"She went to her cabin quickly."

"... What would you do if I went to her cabin right now?"

"Percy."

"Something's wrong."

"Percy-"

"Victor, can't you just tell me?"

"Go to your cabin."

"Victor."

"I said-"

He ran.

I didn't know where he got the energy from, but he was running straight towards the infirmary.

No.

I ran after him, but he was faster than me. He skidded to a stop at a door.

"When will she be able to wake up?"

"Nobody knows."

"... But...."

"Annabeth can do it."

His eyes widened. He was as pale as a sheet of paper.