Chapter 31

Percy's POV

I recounted all of the monsters again.

Yes.

My eyes weren't wrong.

There was 20 more monsters than before. I cursed and recounted, hoping for my eyes to be wrong. I looked back at the others.
"What should we do? I can't use greek fire, I see a few grenades."
Annabeth glanced at the mob. "Hazel, can you use the mist now?"
She nodded slowly.
"Turn Leo into a monster. He can slip through the defenses- maybe pick up all the grenades, there isn't much. You can use fire inside and after you do, cut off the bolts and destroy the sword."
"Me?"
"You and Percy all the only ones that could use fire. But greek fire is to dangerous, it could explode and we could get hurt too."
Percy nodded. "Thats a good idea."
Leo swallowed. "Okay...."
Hazel closed her eyes and concentrated, and Leo's form shimmered into a earthborn. The Leo Monster stared at his hands, and then at us. Hazel nodded, and he lumbered to the mob of monsters.
We watched him pick up grenades and put them it his invisible tool belt. He went over to the sword and grabbed the bolt and ripped it off, like a monster should.
Yelling ensued after the motion.
Leo Monster waved all of his six arms and rumbled a few words. The cyclops in front of him didn't look pleased. Leo Monster pointed at the sword and out.

Uh oh.

The cyclops grabbed Leo by his invisible shirt, and he turned back into a human form. Alarmed, Hazel grabbed my arm tight. Leo smirked and a blast of flame came from him, incinerating the monsters near him. He dusted off his pants and I stepped out of out hiding spot and swung my sword through a few monsters. I saw Leo cutting through the bolts. Suddenly, a monster exploded into golden dust. Victor scowled at me and I raised an eyebrow. For a moment, I thought that he would stab me in the gut. He turned away, cutting another head off.
We all gathered to the sword after killing every monster. Leo banged his hammer on it. It was still perfectly perfect. He tried putting his hands on it to melt it, but that also didn't work. I grabbed the sword.

Invaders.

I nearly dropped it.

Was the sword talking?"

"3, 2, 1."

And the ground below me fell down to a deep, deep chamber in the ground.

~

Annabeth's POV

Bad thing: We were dropped into a deep abyss.

Good thing: I was in a tight, dark place with Percy.

Yeah, call me a pervert.

A shot of pain shot up my ankle as we landed. It throbbed painfully as I lifted it slightly off the ground. But Percy was to busy panicking.
"Percy! Calm down."
He took a deep, somewhat hysterical breath. "I- he- need to get out." his hands hit the dirt walls frantically.

Claustrophobia.

I hugged Percy tight. "It's okay. We're together."
His muscles seemed to relax under me. But he was still tensed up.
"... Have to get out."
"I know. We can find a way out."
".... You know?"

His words somewhat hit me in the face hard. In fact, I didn't know anything, which was pretty shameful for a daughter of Athena. I wanted to know. I swallowed hard and looked into his eyes.