Chapter 86

Victor's POV

Percy's cold had gotten worse.

Actually, it had settled in his lungs and it was pneumonia now, so he was completely out. Annabeth had woken up while Percy was gone. She was healing, while Percy was getting worse. He didn't even try to move. I stood in the hot steamy shower, thinking. I didn't want to think though. All these thoughts were clouding up like the steam.

I didn't want to tell him.

This could be his last stand. His body was like a weathered rock, getting worn out by the waves. Being ill in the Chaos planet didn't help. I knew it.

This was really the last stand.

I slipped into my bed with wet hair, not wanting to wake the other campers.

His heart couldn't make the long run. We couldn't do anything. All we could do was watch him die.

I cried silently in my bed, not knowing what to do when he was gone. I didn't know why the tears fell. Maybe because of the times passed by. Maybe I was rueful about that he was leaving before me. I didn't know. I wiped my tears and slid out of my bed.

Why was I crying?

I grabbed my coat and ran outside barely making a sound.

I hate you.

I hate you.

I wiped my tears away as I felt them freezing on my cheek.

I hate you.

I knew where I was going. I knew where I had to go. I opened the door to the Posiedon cabin and sat down next to Percy's bed. He was coughing in his sleep. I dropped my head in my hands and started crying.

I hate you.

~

"Victor?"

I blinked a few times and looked up at Percy who looked down at me worriedly. I rubbed my eyes.

"Yeah?"

"Did you cry?"

I hesitated, and let out a long sigh.

"Annabeth's awake." I said halfheartedly. He perked up immediantly.
"Really?"

I gestured to the door and he swung his legs off, grabbing his coat before running off. I sighed and walked into the bathroom. My eyes were bloodshot and puffy. I washed my face with water. I felt stiff after sleeping on a chair.

I hate you.

I looked down at the sink. I wondered if he ever tried suicide again. I sighed. He wouldn't. There was Annabeth.... I shook my head.

He wouldn't.

I sighed and rubbed my face. I couldn't stop him.

Euthanasia.

It had been stuck in my head forever. If he was in so much pain, and he was 100 percent dead, why couldn't we kill him. Not kill... Put to sleep. I had to talk about this. Now. Without Percy.