Chapter 33

Percy's POV

I thought it was just a headache.

Actually, I was feeling a bit feverish now. I rubbed my face and took a sip of coffee. I didn't need a mirror to know there were dark bags under my eyes.
Sighing, I quickly flipped through the papers that I needed to do.

Sleep...

I shook my head and looked down at the papers. The words looked fogged. I went to the sink and washed my face with cold water. I took a towel and also soaked it in cold water. After squeezing it tight, I went back to the desk, pressing it on my forehead. I felt a little less sleepier.

A little.

I leaned on the towel, pressing it to my forehead. I signed a few papers, read them, wrote on them, and squinted at them trying to read through cursive. I blinked twice. The towel was warm now, and I felt sleepy again.

Whatever.

I set an alarm for 20 minutes after and leaned foward on the desk and fell asleep completely.

~

I didn't wake up by the alarm.

I looked up at the clock to see it was nearly 12. I quickly turned to the papers, cursing. Looking at the clock and back at the papers, I hastily finshed half of the papers. I got the ones that I had finshed and went outside, going to Chaos's office.
I knocked on the door.
"Come in."
The door creaked open and I set the papers on the table. He picked them up and examined them.
"I don't think this is all."
"I.... I didn't get to finsh them."
He looked up at me.
"Did you get some sleep?"
"Some."
"Rest." he said, putting the papers neatly beside him. "You don't look well."
"But patrol-"
"I'll send Beta."
I looked down.
"What about the papers?"
"Give them to me." He raised an eyebrow. "I didn't see you come for dinner yesterday."
"I was training."
He sighed. "I'm sorry that I couldn't postpone it. It's a shame the competition is at these times."

These times.

I gritted my teeth.

"I'll be fine. I'll finish the papers by one and go on patrol."
"Omega. It's an order."
"I'm fine."
He stood up, standing taller than me.
"Who is the ruler here."
"Lord Chaos-"
"Go to your room. I'll get the papers myself."
"But-"
He set a hand on my shoulder and I suddenly was in my room.

I stumbled to the bed and fell face first on the blankets.

~

I didn't want to wake up.

Sleep. My body protested as I turned around. Sleep.

I pressed the pillow to my face, enjoying the coolness of it.

Hot.

Kicking off the blankets, I sat up. I felt somewhat lightheaded as I sat up suddenly. I glanced at the clock to see it was well over time for patrol and lunch. I yawned and ran a hand through my disheveled hair, putting on my mask with the other hand. Slipping into my coat, I went outside and headed straight to the arena. Since it was after lunch, there would be a lot of people. I sighed and rubbed my eyes.

Sleep. My body groaned at me, making it harder to walk foward.

My head hurts. It whined. I want to sleep.