Chapter 29

Annabeth's POV

I watched in horror at the sword tip pointing out of his shoulder.

Kelli pulled her dagger out carelessly, making a splatter of red on the white snow. She stepped beside him, curling her arm around his waist, making me grit my teeth.

"You-"

"I'm pretty sure I told you to f*ck off."

"Percy." she whined. "I know you want me." she glanced at the knife wound she just had made on his shoulder.

"And...." she smiled so sweetly it made my head hurt.

"I know it hurts."

He gritted his teeth like me, but took a deep breath, reining in his anger. He'd gotten better at it.
"Go. Away."
Still smiling, she suddenly dissapeared.
Leo furrowed his eyebrows.
"What the-"

"Leo."

Suddenly, Kelli was in front of Leo, too close. Leo's eyes became crossed trying to look at her. Her perfectly manicured finger went under his chin, scraping it ever so slightly. I saw her fangs- and her licking her lips as she was already tasting his blood.
"Um uh...."
"Oh-"
Pery forcefully pulled Kellie away by her shirt.
"Just one bite-"
He punched her in the face, which was pretty sasifiying. She hissed and bit his hand, and I stepped foward, stabbing down. But she was fast, and I missed. Hazel swung her sword, but of course, she wasn't easy to kill.
She suddenly dissapeared again, confusing us.

"Put your weapons down."

She had her long claws on Victor's neck. I glanced at the long dagger in his hand.
"Uh..."

A new way to commit suicide.

"Boys!" she cackled. "All the same! They can not resist me, I am-"

She promptly exploded into golden dust.
"A fox." he finished for the dead monster. "Quite a disgusting monster." his face etched into a deep scowl.

"Reminds me of someone."

Maybe it was just me.

I was pretty sure he glanced at me.

~

After getting Percy bandaged, he led the way again, trodding along the forest.

"It just had to be in the forest." Leo grumbled, swatting a branch away.
Hazel shivered. "I think it's going to snow."
"We're nearly there." he said, brushing snow off his shoulder. Complaints died down after his words. He didn't show be was tired, even though he should be. He was still gripping his shoulder tightly, most likely unconsciously. Victor was quiet. But I knew he was glaring at me- even though he turned his head when I was looking. Percy stopped.

I peered out into what looked like the endless forest.
"Why...."
He set his hand on the air, and it shimmered slightly. He banged on it, and it made a hollow sound. His eyes narrowed and he kicked on it, and it blinked into a stone wall. Facinated, Leo poked a finger through it, only to have it go straight through. He stumbled foward, straight through the wall.
He frowned, and Percy met his eyes.

"I never knew you would bring company the next time you visit Perseus."

We all whipped around to see a tall man who had dark skin and black hair say in an rough, in human way. He was holding a sword, which I sadly reconized.

Tartarus.

"You possesed a mortal." Hazel growled. He shrugged. "Whatever." he turned to Percy. "I was only going to let you in if you enjoyed....." the smile didn't look right on a human. "Our times together(that sounds weird...)."
"Well-"
Faster than anything, Percy lunged foward, his sword unsheathed. Tartarus dissapeared and reappeared in a different place, looking bored.
"Perseus." he tutted. "You should learn to rein in your anger. I'm pretty sure that got you in more trouble than needed-"
"SHUT UP!"
He slashed blindly at him. I was suprised to see him so angry- to lose his temper. Tartarus's form shimmered.

"Lets do a bet."

Percy took a few deep breaths.

"What."

"You and your friends go in. I won't stop you. I can't anyway. Get the sword. I'll let you in. Theres only one hallway- it's at the end."

I frowned. "Why...."

"If you get it, I lose a part of my power."

"Uh... So we just prance inside and destory the sword and come out? And you won't stop us?"

"Yes."

"Thats not a bet."

"It is. It is one with Perseus." he said, setting his eyes on him.

"You know. Put up a good fight. Or..."

"You know what'll happen."

The stone wall appeared. The doors opened.

And all these monsters came out, pouring out of nowhere.

~

"Go in! Everyone!"

"But-"

"Leo has to go in. You guys protect him."

"I'm staying." Hazel said.

His sword clashed against claws.
"Go in!"
The three of us stumbled down the stairs leading down.
"Oh man. I hate riddles."
I leaned in to see closely.
"We need to be quick." Leo said.
Victor went right pass me, opening the door and walking in. I stared at him in suprise and Leo shrugged and followed him in. I followed in to find a large place, with a very very very high ceilng. I looked up.
"How high-"

I was cut off by something snatching me up- up up into the high ceiling I was just staring at.

~

Leo's POV

I couldn't believe we didn't know that the monsters had came in.

And I couldn't believe we couldn't help Annabeth.

She screeched as a harpy snatched her up, and I hit an snake lady with my hammer. Victor also fought with his dagger, getting closer to the edge. A lump formed in my throat. If these monsters had come in, was it that Hazel and Percy were.... I shook my head. No. The monsters would of split up. They kept pouring in, and I cursed as we were forced to take a step back. A monster caught me off guard and cut my arm.
Victor grabbed my shoulder tight and a flash of light blinded me.

We were on the other side.

"Why didn't you do this earlier?" I protested.
He scowled. "I didn't have the chance to!"
I heard the harpy screech and looked up.

Annabeth was falling down, unconsciously ready to be smashed into a grease spot.

~