Chapter 45

Victor's POV

I punched the doctor in the face and he tumbled into the bed next to it.

Annabeth and Chaos came in the room also, and I kicked the doctor in the stomach. I was nearly stomping on him until Chaos pulled me away. Another doctor went next to Percy. Chaos helped the doctor up and he glared at me and I had the urge to punch him again.

"Why-"

"He wasn't meant to be Commander." he scowled. "He's a murderer."

I grabbed him by the shirt.
"So you tried to kill him? Are you an idiot?! You'll-"

"Victor." Chaos pulled us apart. He sighed.

"I'm afraid you'll have to come with us." Chaos looked at the knife in his hand. "Just put down the knife-"

He threw it.

And it wasn't on the ground.

"I always wondered who the blondie was." he said flatly.

Annabeth was on the ground, a knife stuck in her back.

~

Percy's POV

When I woke, I was very, very confused.

Victor was ranting about a doctor, and Bianca was apologizing to me. Chaos seemed distracted. He was on his phone, the only that worked now. Thankfully, there was no damage done to the brain. A bandage was wrapped around my chest, and it throbbed painfully. I was getting a headache by all the talking. I was slightly dissapointed that I didn't see Annabeth.

"Whats happening?"

"The as*hole stabbed you."

"I'm really sorry Percy..."

"Everything's on the news already. There are a lot of talking about the fired doctor."

"Can I see?"

Victor snatched the phone away before I could get it.
"You don't need to see it."
I sighed. "What happened after I fell out of the borders?"

"We found you. And when we got to the hospital, a doctor from the Iota team stabbed you."

"I think it was nearly all of the Iota team that planned this out." Bianca said. "I'm really sorry about this."

A thousand thoughts ran through my head. The citizens weren't the only ones who hated me now. It would soon be the whole army, the leaders- I shook my head, trying to shake off the image of Annabeth staring down at me in disgust. I sighed.

"I guess we'll have to deal with more rebellions."

Bianca nodded. "And that most of the police is made up of the Iota team, we'll be having major problems."

A brunette opened the door slightly.

"Victor, Annabeth is-"

"What happened to Annabeth?" I cut in. The room was silent. Chaos cleared his throat.
"The same doctor who stabbed you stabbed Annabeth too." he said simply.