Chapter 30

Percy's POV

I held Hazel close to me as I ran inside.

I could feel it. Feel it very clearly. Felt the monsters shoot arrows, throw knifes- and I could feel them immbed itself in my back because I could feel that I couldn't avoid them. I stopped at a deep abyss.

And a bigger mob of monsters.

I froze. What about Leo? What about Victor?

What about Annabeth?

Annabeth?

In pure anger, I sent out a wave of greek fire, burning the mob to ashes. The monsters had caught up to me. I couldn't do anything as they attacked me.

Annabeth?

Victor.

I wrapped my arms around Hazel tight, trying to protect her from the monsters.

Please.

I heard a loud screech and looked up.

Falling.

Annabeth.

I didn't know what I was thinking.

But I could feel it.

Clearly.

That I was going to- that I needed to save her. I flew and half jumped to the other side, dropped Hazel and flew up and caught Annabeth in my arms. The harpy grabbed my coat but it got ripped off as we fell together.

Falling.

I flapped my one broken wing- I flapped it desperately, ignoring the shots of pain in sent down my shoulder. I felt dizzy. Maybe because of blood. Maybe just because.

Pure agony.

I knew it.

I knew what Tartarus was doing.

He didn't care about his power.

He just cared about me.

Trying to confuse me.

Torture wasn't enough for him.

My two feet landed on the ground, but I toppled foward, still holding Annabeth tight.

I wasn't sure what he wanted now.

He could of killed me a million times already.

I had enough pain in my life.

What did he actually want?

~

Victor's POV

Three people unconscious.

Now two.

Percy seemed to be in the middle of consciousness and unconsciousness, and Annabeth and Hazel were out cold. Leo tried to wake Annabeth as I examined Percy carefully. His eyes were half closed and fogged with pain.
"Percy. Can you hear me?"
He swallowed hard but nodded.
"I know. Can you turn around?"
He turned around slowly, showing me his wings. To the stump, nothing happened. The other wing was dripping blood, and I could see it had ripped off a bit. I touched it lightly and he flinched. I scowled.
"Percy, this is going to hurt."
I poured alcohol on it and he made a small, strangled sound. I grabbed the dangling part and pushed it together and bandaged it tightly like it was before. His coat was ruined, and his clothes were already stained with blood. I carefully bandaged his wounds and moved on to Hazel, who had a large lump on her head and a few cuts. I heard Percy stand up and turned to see him teeter a bit. He picked Hazel up and glanced at Annabeth.