Chapter 81

Percy's POV

"Gods."

I rolled over, clutching my stomach.

"Oh my gods..." I moaned. My stomach had cramped up overnight. It felt like the crackers I had ate sat down, started to rot and was demanding his way out. It hurt too much. Sweat dripped down my face. My stomach churned as it throbbed, making my head ring like a gong. I threw up in the trash can and saw that the time was 4 in the morning. I gasped for breath. It was definately better now that my stomach was emptied, but it still hurt. Victor wasn't here. He was sleeping in the next bed but..

How would I get there?

I groaned softly as a sharp pang jabbed my abdomen. What the heck was wrong? Every second felt like an hour. I gagged on air, having nothing to throw up anymore. It was nearly like the pain curse.

"Victor." I groaned. "Victor?"

No response.

My lips were parched. My hair was already soaked with sweat. My mouth tasted foul.

"Victor..." I pleaded.

The jabbing pains were endless. I was barely conscious before the one last vicious jab sent me into darkness.

~

The pains had gotten worse.

Only 30 minutes had passed. My hands shook. Every movement made my stomach tighten.

I couldn't stand it.

I reached my arm out for the drawers and opened one with my fingernails. I grasped the bottle desperately. Nearly falling off the bed, I rattled the pills into my palm. My shaking hands caused the pills to clatter onto the floor. I stuffed the pills in and gulped it all down with water. It took a few cups of water. My throat felt like I had stuffed a baseball into it. Suddenly, everything flipped. I was vomited the water and few of the undissolved pills. My head felt like it had been marched on Chaos soldiers for days. I could feel the numbing effect of the pills. My stomach churned and protested, but I was becoming senseless. I couldn't feel my own body. I became calmer as the pain ceased.

Of course.

Too much didn't work.

Only for a very, very short time.

These pains were different. They punctured the numbing calmness and sent my head spinning around and around like a merry-go-round.

I had to empty my stomach again, leaving my throat sore. I couldn't feel my stomach churning, but something else was using it was a punching bag. I didn't care. All I knew was that it hurt.

"Victor."

My voice was hoarse. He couldn't hear it, much less wake him.

"Victor!"

The pain had moved up to my chest. I put one hand over my heart, just to hear it beating.

I'm here.

I'm here.

I'm alive.

Help me.

Bile rose up in my throat, and a burning sensation went by as something acidic and very foul dripped out of my mouth. It was a yellow, slightly green vomit. I hit my chest a few times, trying to get the rest out. It worked too well. Another unpleasant vomiting spree was enough for me. My stomach still hurt, and my throat was hurting now. The smell coming from the trashcan was just plain disgusting. I clamped my hand over my mouth and curled up in a ball. My heart banged against my chest in an irregular way like it was drunk.

"Victor...."

Please.

My hands and feet were numb. My heart beat even faster, trying to fight off the senslessness.

"... Victor."

My voice was barely a whisper before I blacked out.

~

I was in a different place when I woke.

My mouth tasted like I had drank 2 liters of mud and filled it with sand for the last hour. I looked around and saw that there was no one in the room. It was a room. There were a few plastic bags on the dresser. No food. My stomach still hurt, but not as much as before. I glanced at the clock to see it was 8.
Everyone would be eating breakfast. I tucked my knees in and noticed there were tubes connected to my wrist. I looked up to see I was hooked up to an IV.

Huh.

I wondered what would happen if I tore them off. I rubbed my right arm. It was sore, probably because I had slept on it. The sharp, jabbing pains had dulled to a distant throbbing in my head. The cramps in my stomach had dissapeared, and my stomach was only protesting quietly. I felt my pulse to feel it that it was normal again. I ran my fingers through my hair. The room was too stuffy, so I stood up and opened the window. I took a deep breath of the cold, clean air.

"Percy."

I looked back to see Victor. He gave me a smile, which made me feel all warm and tingly inside.

"Feeling better?"

I nodded. "A lot."

"I woke up at 7. You don't know how much you scared me."

I looked outside the window. "Sorry."

"Shut the window. It's getting cold."

I closed the window and turned back to him. He had set his bag on the dresser.

"We have to go to camp."

My heart clunked to the ground.

"... Why?"

"... There was an monster attack. The manticore." he paused.

"Thaila's dead."

Whoops.