Chapter 16

Millie's POV:

“Don't leave me alone” I whispered in fear.

Harry looked at me surprised, as if he couldn't believe what I was saying. He stood there in the hall, waiting for me to explain.

“My Dad left for a week and I'm scared, what if the noise comes back?” I whispered and closed my eyes. I sounded so helpless and actually ashamed of myself.

Harry cleared his throat. He stepped from one foot to the other and I waited for him to respond but I couldn't force myself to look at him.

“Are you sure you want me to stay?” he said after a while.

I nodded, still not looking at him.

“I know I sound helpless, but I just..” I stopped lifting my head up to look at him “I just..” Tears filled my eyes again and I tried to wipe them away. “I need to sleep and I can't sleep when I'm scared and I'm scared. I-I” My eyes faced the floor again “I know I'm such a baby but I just can't help it and I..”

Harry stopped my embarrassing talk as he wrapped his arms around me.

“Its okay, I'll stay as long as you need me” he whispered into my hair.

“I'm sorry” I cried quietly.

“There is nothing you need to be sorry about” He said his voice sounded so soft. He rubbed my back with his hands sending shivers over my body. I nodded and as he pulled back, he lifted his hand up to my face to wipe the tears away. His thumb stroking softly over my cheeks, he smiled warmly as he bend down a little to look me in the eyes.

“You don't need to be embarrassed”

He took my hand into his big hands, his finger rubbing circles over my palm.

“I just need to make a phone call, I'll be with you in a second” he told me and put his black iPhone out of his pocked.

I nodded again “I'll be upstairs in my room” I told him weakly and walked away.

As I entered my room, I went straight to the bathroom to wash my face again. I looked in the mirror and took a deep breath. Why was I so weak? Why did I have to be so scared? I went to my closet pulling a long sleeve shirt out and quickly pulled it on. I didn't want Harry to notice my arms, I didn't want him to know how weak I really was. I sat down on the bed as I heard him talking downstairs, he sounded upset about anything but I couldn't hear it because he tried to keep his voice down.

As he reached me door a few minutes later, he nervously rubbed his hands through his hair and his eyes met mine. He smiled, scanning over my body and through my room.

“Its nice” he tried to brighten up the atmosphere.

“Thank you”

“You should get some sleep, Millie” he said after a few moments of silence “you look exhausted”

I nodded, knowing he was right but I didn't know how to act.

“I'll take the sofa” he smiled amused, probably because of my confused look.

“You can sleep on the bed, if you want to” I said so quiet that he could barely hear me.

“No its okay” he began but I gave him a begging look which he understood, to my surprise “Okay, I'll take the bed” He said smiling and I nodded.

I secretly thanked my Dad for buying me that king-sized bed a few years ago. Harry went to the window and looked down. He pulled the curtains in front of the window and sighed as he turned towards me again. I forced myself to smile at him and he went to door turning the big light off. After he made sure the door was locked he went over to the other side of my bed and sat down.