Chapter 3

Millie's POV:

The ringtone of my phone woke me up as I realized I was still laying on the floor in my joggers and my hoodie. I nearly smiled over the fact that I fell asleep on the floor, but as soon as reality hit me and the memories of the last day came back the smile disappeared. I took a quick look on my phone and realized it was the alarm clock which woke me up. It was Sunday and I had to go to work. Lucky me. I forced myself to stand up and hurried to get myself ready for work. I even put make-up on, but only to cover up my tired eyes.

I walked down to the fridge, grabbed some cereals and ate them, as my dad came into the room.

“I missed you for dinner last night” he said and looked at me worried.

“I was busy studying” I said quickly.

My dad nodded

“Nice to hear that” he smiled at me “How is it going?”

“Good”

I answered and stood up. I took a bottle of water and put the cereals back into the kitchen cabinet.

“Anyway” my Dad continued “Emma and I would love to go out for dinner tonight, would you be able to look after Jamie?”

“Sure” I answered quickly and went to the door “I really have to go to work now, I'll be home at 4pm, bye” I said as I rushed outside.

I hated the fact that my Dad fell in love with another woman that easy. My mum died two years ago and he married Emma after six months, they even have a nearly one year old baby boy. It took me a while to realize that my Dad was cheating on my Mum with Emma even before my Mum died. It made me sad, but even more angry that he cheated on my Mum, my Mum who suffered cancer and kept fighting until the last day. And he did what? He cheated on my Mum with another woman, a stupid woman. Sorry but I don't couldn't stand her. I like Jamie, he is innocent. But the relationship between my Dad and me went really bad since I realized what he has done to my Mum. I miss my Mum, I miss her every single day. I still remember her telling me stories about her life and stories about the time my brother and I were little and always fighting. Yeah my 23 year old brother, I missed him too. He moved away after my Mum died, because he couldn't face my Dad anymore. They hate each other now and sometimes I understand him, sometimes I think I hate my dad too.

I reached the coffee-shop where I was working, still lost in my thoughts. I realized that I walked for the first time without being scared, I smiled. After the things which happened the last few days, I was proud of myself. I entered the coffee-shop and greeted my boss friendly. He nodded at me

“I'm glad you came” he said tired “I wouldn't be able to do all this without your help”.

“I'm glad I can help Peter”

I said, took my working clothes and went to the changing room. I worked at the coffee-shop for about two years now, every Sunday and every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday afternoon. I needed the money and I liked the work. Well I didn't work here for about half a year because of the things which happened to me, but I'm glad to be back now. It is another step into the right direction, another step for getting the things back to normal again.
I changed into my working clothes and as soon as the clock turned 8am the first guests came into the coffee-shop. We really had the best coffee here. I heard people telling me “We missed you” and “I'm glad you're back” “The shop isn't the same without you” It made me happy knowing that some of our guests actually missed me. I smiled and I felt happy, I actually felt completely happy. It felt good I realized, I had missed the feeling.

It was already 3:30pm and I began to clean the tables, the shop was already closed and I turned the sign on the door to 'closed'. I went back behind the counter and began cleaning the coffee machines as I heard the door clicking, meaning someone was coming into the shop.