Chapter 6

Millie's POV:

I was shocked after what he told me, I never even noticed him and he saw me and had the urge to protect me from something he didn't even know?. I was sure he didn't know what happened to me but he still wanted to protect me from that? He saw me in the club sitting alone and knew something was wrong and since that day he couldn't stop thinking about me? I mean is it really that obvious that I'm a mess. Yes, I'm a mess inside and outside but actually I was really good in hiding it. I was able to hide my deepest secrets from my best friends but not from him? I had so many questions but I was too scared to ask them. He looked at me with that worried look, begging me with his eyes to say something but I couldn't. I just stared at him. I stared at him in disbelief, not knowing if I should be scared or relieved. I was shacking but as he moved towards me I flinched back. He nodded sadly and sat beside me, leaving enough space between the two of us.

“Aren't you going to say something?”

He turned towards me, begging me to tell him what I thought.

“I – I don't know what to think”

My voice was shaking as I admitted the truth. I searched for his sad looking eyes. I forced myself to fake a shy smile as I stood up.

“I need to go home, can you bring me home?”

He nodded and stood up too. As I climbed into his car, I felt surprisingly relaxed and I began to watch him while driving. He smiled, so I guess he knew that I was watching him but I didn't care.

----

A FEW DAYS LATER

It was Sunday and I was working at the coffee-shop, as I saw him coming into the shop. He smiled as our eyes met and I smiled back. He nearly came everyday now, watching me while I was working. He told me once, that he wont force me to like him and that was actually the thing I needed to hear. I began to relax myself whenever I saw him and it felt good knowing that he was in the coffee-shop. I knew he would protect me from strangers even though we barely talked. He ordered his coffee and I gave him his coffee. That was all. But whenever I looked at him sitting on his table in the corner, he was already looking at me. I found myself thinking about him. Thinking about his green eyes they seemed like they've never lied and his brown curly hair. I always smiled when he did that flick back thing and tried to push the curls out of his face but they just fell back into his face seconds after. I didn't like the fact that I actually began to like him but I couldn't help myself.

So this days he didn't walk to his normal place in the corner, he was coming straight to the corner, looking me deep into the eyes.

“Hi” he said smiling.

“Hi” I answered shyly.

“I'm Harry” he laughed “Nice to meet you” He held his hand into my direction.

I shook his hand.

“Millie” I answered and looked at him confused.

He laughed again.

“Just joking, I would like to order a cup of coffee.”

“Sure” I answered, still confused about the way he acted.

He laughed again, his dimples showing, he rubbed his hair with his hands and pushed his curls out of his face, yeah the famous hair flick.. His hands were on the counter as he leaned towards me.

“I wanted to ask you, if you'd like to go out for dinner with me tonight”

My heart nearly stopped. I expected everything but not that. I gulped and wanted to answer.