Chapter 1

Millie's POV:

“No” I said for the third time.

“Come oooon..” Ruby screamed so loud that I had to take the phone away from my ear. “You're 18 years old, you need to go out and have fun by the way everyone would love too see your pretty face again, its been too long now.” Ruby tried to convince me.

“You know that I'm not a big fan of those parties right?” I tried to explain.

“I know” she said softly and I knew she would never understand the real reason why I changed so much. “But Millie please.. “ Ruby took a deep breath” please, do it for me?” She giggled. “Do it for you best friend?”

I sighed, Ruby always knew how to make me soft and she knew how to get what she wants. Ruby is the only person who really knows me, well besides Caitlin. Ruby and Caitlin those two girls. Ruby with her blond, wavy hair, those ocean blue eyes and her perfect figure and Caitlin with her brown hair and her hazel brown eyes. They were always by my side, I could tell them everything well almost everything. I swallowed as I though about it and quickly shook my head and tried to push away those thoughts. 

“Soooo, are you coming?” Ruby asked with her soft and beautiful voice.

“Do I have any other chance?” I mumbled trying to sound angry.

“Sweeeeeeeeet” Ruby cheered and quickly added “I'll pick you up at eight but I'll come by before to check if your outfit is sexy enough” Ruby giggled happy.

I rolled my eyes even though she couldn't see it and answered “Whatever” as she laughed loud. “Okay see you later” she screamed before she hang up.

“Later” I mumbled to myself and threw the phone on my bed.

I took a deep breath and walked to turn the TV on. I let myself fall onto the bed and a deep sigh escaped my lips. It has changed me.. I've always been to every party, actually I never missed any party because I loved being popular and happy. I loved drinking and I loved hanging out with my friends. Even after my mum died two years ago, Ruby always knew how to cheer me up and most of the time this meant going out to different clubs, party all night and forget about the sad and depressing times. I've always been social and addicted to clubs with loud music, I loved meeting new people. But that changed since.. again I shook my head. I didn't want to think about it. I quickly glanced at the clock in my room. 5:30pm, I relaxed. Enough time to watch TV and relax before Ruby would carry me to this party. I made myself comfortable on my bed, took a quick glance through my room before I layed my head onto my soft cushion. Everything seemed safe. I tried to concentrate on the TV but I ended up zapping through the channels not really paying any attention to the different TV shows. I grabbed my phone and sighed relieved – no messages- no missed calls – nothing. It was a good feeling. I smiled and took a deep breath as I closed my eyes. 

I felt someone poking my shoulder as I opened my eyes. I screamed and jumped from the bed running to the corner of my room sllowly turning around. My eyes widened as I saw Ruby standing at my bed, watching me with her mouth wide open and with her big blue eyes. She looked confused.

“Ruby?” I asked surprised “What are you doing here so early?”

Ruby starred at me almost scared as she glanced through my bedroom.

“What is going on Millie?”

I shook my head “Nothing” I faked a big smile “I just didn't expect you here you said you were coming at eight” I glanced at my clock. “Oh shit, I fell asleep”

Ruby smiled insecure but still  confused. “Are you sure everything is alright?” She asked me again.

“Yeah” I nodded “I just..., its 7pm, I need to hurry, right?” I smiled at her “Give me 10 more minutes and I'll be ready” I rushed into my bathroom, pulling my clothes from my body, quickly running into the shower.