Chapter 14

Millie's POV:

After Harry paid, we left the restaurant and we both went towards the car. During the drive none of us really talked, it seemed like Harry was waiting for something, because he was always looking down on his phone and sighed as there was still no sign. I was thinking about my week alone at home and how I would manage that. As Harry stopped in front of my House, I quickly smiled at him and wanted to open the door to jump out of the car but Harry grabbed my wrist and stopped me. He turned so he was perfectly looking into my eyes.

“Wait Millie” he said “Is there anything I can do for you, you seem worried” he whispered.

“No everything is okay” I shrugged my shoulders and pretended to be surprised by his question.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I'm sure” I said and moved my hand, he instantly flinched back. It seemed like he had forgotten that he was still holding me.

“Okay, you can call me any time” he said looking me deep into the eyes. I nodded. “I had a great time today” he said after an awkward silence.

“Me too, thank you Harry” I whispered.

He nodded and bit his lip. I couldn't stop starring at his lips, my heart began to race as his face came closer to my face. He smiled as he gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

“I hope we can do this again” he told me still smiling “hopefully soon” he added, his dimples were showing and I couldn't stop starring at him.

“yes..o-of course, I-I mean sure” I stuttered and quickly looked down. I opened the door and jumped out of the car. “Bye Harry” I turned around and looked at him.

“Bye Millie” he smiled and I shut the door closed.

I quickly ran towards the house and unlocked the door. As I entered the house I could hear him driving away. I smiled, he was always waiting until I was inside. I turned the light on and locked the door again. Quickly glancing into the kitchen I saw that my note was still on the kitchen table. Of course because my dad  left me before I even came home from work. I sighed and sat down on the chair. I glanced at the clock it was 10pm and I wasn't even tired yet. I decided to watch a movie, but I couldn't force myself to watch in downstairs in the living room so I grabbed my laptop from the counter and walked upstairs to my room. I decided to watch One Tree Hill, as I always loved it. I jumped into some joggers and my favourite T-Shirt, washed my face with extra cold water and combed my hair before hopping into my bed. I turned the big light off and only left the small lamp on my bedside table on. I turned my Laptop on and cuddled deeper into the cushions. “I don't wanna be anything other than what I've been trying to be lately” I smiled, it remembered me of the time when I was watching these series with my mum. I always loved watching them with her and we talked hours just about what would happen and could have happened. I missed her and I missed Dad, the Dad he used to be. The Dad who loved me and loved mum and would do everything for us. The Dad you would have never even thought about leaving his daughter alone at home, for a week when she had finals. I sighed and tried to focus on what was going on the screen.

I watched a few minutes until I heard weird sounds from downstairs. I couldn't tell if they were outside or inside the house. I quickly stopped watching One Tree Hill and shut down the volume. I jumped out of my bed, glancing down on the street. Nothing suspicious. But still there was this weird sound, like if someone was walking in front of the house, or was it in the house. I ran to my door and locked it. My heart was beating fast and I held my breath. There it was again, it sounded like someone wasn't really picking up his feet, like rubbing his shoes against the street. Oh no, what was going on, I ran to my writing desk and grabbed my bag looking for my phone.

I wanted to call my Dad but I realized he would just laugh at me. Yes my Dad would laugh at me, he would laugh at his own 18 year old daughter, cause she was too scared to be alone at home. I tried calling Ruby but she didn't pick up. As I dealt Caitlins number, I remembered that they were together, watching movies and probably already drunk in a Disco or something. I wanted to throw the phone on my bed, what if I just imagined it, what if those noises weren't even real. I walked towards the bed and sat down as I heard it again. OH NO. My hands were shaking and I unlocked my phone. Before I was even thinking about it I called Harry.

“Hello” he picked up the phone almost after one second.

“Harry there is someone in my house and I'm alone and..” I stopped as the noise got louder. “Harry its coming closer” I shrieked.

“Millie what is wrong?” He asked and I could tell he was concerned.

“Can you come here?” I big sob left my mouth “Please?” I begged and tears were streaming down my face.

“I'm already on my way” He answered and I could tell he was running cause his breath got heavier and I heard footsteps.

I hang up as I heard the noise again and jumped under my blanket. My heart was racing like crazy and I turned off the light and laying there with my phone in my hand trying to light up the room with the light from the screen. I tried to calm down but I soon realized that there was indeed someone running round my house. I prayed that the door into the garage was locked. I glanced at the clock almost every 2 seconds and I soon noticed that I didn't even know where Harry lived, so I didn't know how long it would take him to come to my house. I already regretted calling him, it made me look so bumbling.

After 15 minutes,I heard a car driving with full speed up our street. I jumped out of the bed, walking towards the window and took a relieved breath as I saw Harrys black Range Rover in our slip road.I heard my phone ringing and picked up.

“Millie” I heard Harrys raspy voice. “Is the noise still here?”

“Yes, there is someone going around my house” I shrieked.

He didn't say anything, I just heard him breathing.

“Harry?” I shrieked again, holding my breath as I heard him shutting his car door closed.

“I'm coming inside now, unlock the door” He said, his voice sounded different than before.

I held my breath in shock, he sounded evil. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to let him inside, what if he wasn't the person he pretended to be. I heard a loud bang outside my room and someone yelled in pain, it wasn't Harry, I guess. My heart began to race even faster, but I was too scared to look outside the window.

I turned on the flash light on my phone  and went downstairs, trying to make as less noise as possible. I reached the small hall before the kitchen as I heard someone running outside. Seconds later someone was knocking on my door, I could hear someone breathing really hard. My heart almost stopped as I slowly went towards the door.

“Who is it?” I whispered.

No response, silence, even the wheezing stopped.

“Hello?” I said my voice almost unbearable because I was so scared.

I shrieked as I heard someone knocking on the door again.

“Its me Harry, open the fucking door” he yelled angry and I frowned.

He didn't sound like the Harry I knew, or I thought I knew. He sounded different, dangerous and strange.

My heart was beating so fast, I thought it would jump out of my chest any minute, I went closer to the door and slowly turned the key in the lock. 1, 2 , 3 - I counted in my thoughts as I opened the door slowly.

A/N: 

Here is your update, its kind of a cliffhanger I know but hehe I'll update soon as long as you keep voting. :-) 

Actually nobody gives me feedback, (makes me sad sigh) but I'll continue with this story as long as I enjoy writing it :) 

love you 

-Laura .xx