--

"How long until they're back?" I asked while sitting on his bed in utter boredom. 

He was sat at a black desk working on something that I definitely didn't understand, looked like calculations.

No thanks.

The black desk kind of stood out in the white room, and I couldn't help but notice his bedroom wasn't really 'his' ; it had nothing personal in it.

Why wouldn't he want anyone in his room if he had nothing to hide? 

Thought he had My Little Pony posters or something. 

Okay maybe 'or something' was the more likely scenario.

"Knowing Thunder a loooong time" he replied with a smirk of amusement. 

"..Which ones Thunder again?" I asked with a raised brow.

"The black thoroughbred." he replied bluntly without turning around.

"Don't like him much?" I asked, wondering about his attitude.

"We....Don't get along" he explained and cringed. 

"Why? What happened?" I asked and he smiled.

"Lets just say, two negatives repel each other; he's rather headstrong" he said and I chuckled.

Only he could include physics in casual conversation. 

"Aww just like you" I teased and he turned round and gave me a look.

"'Chester the 'mighty' stallion vs. Thunder the yearling Thoroughbred'" I continued to tease and he cracked a smile while rolling his eyes.

"You'd make a very annoying horse yourself thank you very much" he said and I laughed. 

"True, but I'd be fabulous." I said and he chuckled. 

"Hmm...What time is it?" he asked and I got my phone out and looked.

"11:45" I said then noticed a few text messages, how did I not notice them before?

I frowned then looked at them, they were just Luca saying Thunder had been spotted in town, so they'd be out for a while.

"Oh wow" I snickered as I thought about the lanky yearling trotting around having the time of his life. 

"What is it?" Chester asked and I looked up briefly to see him by his closet and in the middle of taking his shirt off.

Don't get changed while I'm here dangit.

"Um, apparently Thunder has been seen in town, so they'll be even longer" I said awkwardly, well aware of the fact he was now only in his briefs. 

I heard him snicker as I put my phone away and looked back to see him approach me with sly amusement on his features. 

"Why so timid Riley, do I intimidate you?" he said in a low tone as he leaned in close to me. 

Oh come on I'm a teenager what do you expect. 

I almost just sat there with my jaw dropped but managed to put on a fake confident face and raised a brow at him while smirking.

"Depends what you mean by intimidate" I said in a teasing tone and he chuckled.

"Oh I think you know what I mean" he said with a sly smile as he brought his face even closer to mine, teasing me by just keeping a few centimetres apart before lightly brushing his lips against mine.