Chapter 26

“What are you talking about now Vanessa” I said after she mentioned something about a guy seeing the girls’ dress before their date. It said it would bring 7 years of dating bad luck to the girl. She must’ve seen it on some cliché girl television show. Oh Vanessa. Why can’t she watch ‘The Walking Dead’ or ‘CSI’ type of shows? It can make her more reliable and not gullible.

“It’s true!” she insisted with a pout. I rolled my eyes at her and just let her win waving it off. “Fine, fine, your right, I shouldn’t let Caleb see my dress or outfit before we go on a date” I told her in a bored manner.

“Anyway, about dates…” she mentioned. I think I read her mind because I looked at the living room where Kyle was playing with his PS3 at their television and Erica with her PSP. Gamer couple. “What are we going to do about those two?”

“I don’t know…” I trailed off thinking of an idea. “Hey guys” Alyssa entered Mike’s room with a bag of ice. She placed it in front of wherever Vanessa kicked Mike. “Let’s let him rest for a while, you guys can hang-out at the living room” Alyssa suggested but Vanessa stayed. “I’ll go watch him” she smiled as Alyssa nodded. We exited Mike’s bedroom and joined the awkward couple in the living room.

“I’ll go prepare lunch for you guys” Alyssa announced disappeared to the kitchen. I sighed and looked around. It was quiet, too quiet. “Hey Kyle what are you playing?” I asked him trying to get his attention. It was some sort of 3D sporting game? “Oh, it’s Fifa 13, I just downloaded it” he answered. Before I could reply, Caleb came butting in. “SERIOUSLY? OOH CAN I PLAY? PLEASEEEE” he pleaded like a 5 year old kid. I let them be and now annoy Erica.

“Hey Erica, what are you playing?” I poked her arm numerous times before she answered. “Some sort of dating game I don’t know” she answered not looking away from the screen. Why does she play that if she doesn’t know what game it is? “So, what’s it called?” I sound annoying don’t I? Yeah sucks to be you. “I don’t know” she bluntly said.

I finally gave up and just joined Vanessa in Mike’s room hoping that she’d entertain me. “Vanessa!!” I whined rocking her arm back and forth. “What is it Marge?” she asked me. “Help me with Kylerica, they need to go to the prom together!” I demanded with a pout. “Well you can’t force two persons to be with each other, no matter how badly you want it” Vanessa told me.

“Even if they like each other?” I whined, she nodded.

“It’s their choice, if Kyle wants to ask Erica, he will” Vanessa assumed.

“He does want to! He’s just stupid!” I retort as Vanessa frowned at me. “Being a coward does mean he’s stupid” she pointed out.

“It kinda does” I raised an eyebrow. “He’s just too emotional to think straight”

“Gah, fine, I’ll talk to Kyle, you go talk to Erica, okay?” Vanessa sighed.

“Okay” I nodded as Vanessa sighed in relief. “Wait--” she frowned. “I’ll talk to Kyle, Erica’s too complicated” “Fine” she agreed shaking hands with me.

Later On…

“Erica, would you mind if you go with me?” Vanessa snapped while they all sat at the living room. Mike was still asleep; Alyssa mentioned that he was a heavy sleeper. Oh yeah, here goes our plan!

“Huh, go where?” Erica asked looking at her blonde best friend. Ooh, b’s. Okay I’m weird… “Uh, somewhere… uh at a video game store!” Vanessa reasoned giving a sheepish smile to Erica. Erica looked at her weirdly. “Why would you want to go to a video game store? It’s not like you play video games”