Chapter 18

It’s the 1st of July and I’m supposed to be at home right now; playing with my siblings. But instead I’m taking summer school. Why did I fail Chemistry? I lazily listened to the teacher and wrote down notes. I have to pass this shit.

The class ended as I picked myself up and left the room. Someone was calling me behind but I was too lazy to go back. I stopped at my locker and dumped my school bag in there.

“Margery Isherwood!” Erica stood behind me.

“Oh hey Rics” I faced her.

“I’ve been calling you when you left us at the classroom! Have you been cleaning your ears?” Erica crossed her arms.

“Sorry, I’m just lazy” I replied and yawned. We both walked together at the entrance to meet up with the gang.

“Margie!!!!” Miggy cheered and attacked me a hug. I couldn’t speak so I just screamed. “SUNBURN!” he instantly pulled away. “Jeez, sunburn isn’t that much a big deal” he dusted himself.

“Then why don’t I try burning you?!” I hollered and I was about to tackle him but someone got hold of me. I looked up to see my brother Jackson smiling at me. “What are you doing here?”

“Picking you up, duh” he let go of me. “We don’t want you getting burnt up, do we?” he smirked. I grumbled about him being surprisingly responsible and then I remembered something that causes me to slap his arm.

“Ow! What was that for?!” he complained rubbing his arm.

“For Caleb’s souvenir” I muttered sternly. I gave him a death glare as he started to laugh.

“Oh right that!” he laughed. “Did he like it?” he wiped a tear from his eye.

“LIKE IT?! IT WAS A HORRIBLE GIFT!” I hollered and smacked his head.

“You’re really scary when you’re mad” Mike commented. I shot him a glare as we backed away. “Okay I’m shutting up” he hid behind Vanessa. Speaking of which…

“Hey girls, want to hang-out at my house?” I suddenly suggested. They were surprised at first but agreed anyway.

“Okay let’s go!” Miggy chirped.

“Uh, I’m pretty sure you’re not a girl” Gabby raised her eyebrow. “Unless…”

“I AM NOT GAY!” Miggy protested before Gabby could continue. We all cracked up as Miggy glared at us. “Just because I’m fabulous doesn’t mean I’m gay!” he pouted.

“Aw, look at you, pouting” Leo cooed ruffling Miggy’s hair. “it’s okay girls, you go ahead and have some girl talk, while us boys have some chick talking to do” he put his arms around Franklin and Kyle.

“So who’s Caleb here?” Jackson asked. And with cue Caleb came running towards us. Oh great, Jackson meets Caleb.

“Sorry I’m late!” he gasped panting. “The teacher ordered me to help him with his stuff, sorry” he pleaded.

“It’s okay Caleb” I smiled at him as he mirrored my actions.

“It’s okay, CALEB, I’m pretty sure it’s okay with MARGERY’s okay with since you’re his BOYFRIEND” Miggy snapped signaling Jackson who Caleb was. Oh dear, why did I let them meet?

“First of all, Caleb is not my boyfriend” I started. “Yet” Miggy mumbled. I glared at him. “And second, we really have some girl talk to do so let’s just--”

“So you’re Caleb” Jackson approached Caleb. Oh dear. I face palmed. “I’m Margery’s brother nice to finally meet you!” they shook hands.