Chapter 16

After 12 days.

“C’mon walk faster people” the tour guide purred as she led the way towards the cave. We’re currently exploring every cave there is at the island. Now, we’re at the most creepiest cave ever. They say many soldiers died in here during the bombing of Pearl Harbor. They said they hid in this cave when Japanese invaded the island and died because of blood loss.

Alice and the twins are currently clamped on me because their scared of the dark cave. It’s really cold in here! There’d probably ghost in here. Mom and Dad stuck with the clown looking tour guide.

She’s in her 50’s and wears thick make-up. It’s not even the Halloween season! She looks like a witch! And she’s irritating as Doloris Umbridge! You know the most irritating black arts teacher in Harry Potter! Gah, I hate that lady. And I have a feeling this tour guide is her replica.

“Psst, Margery!” someone called my name. I turned around and saw no one. God,that gave me the chills.

“What was that Margie?” Alice was becoming scared; her hand grip tightened saying so.

“I-I don’t know” I stuttered as I started to shiver.

“Margery!” the voice became huskier sending both Alice and the twins away as they ran towards our parents. Alice got carried by mom and the twins by dad. They were far ahead from me by the exit while I was a few feet from them.

I was about to run after them when I felt someone grab me and covered my mouth. What the fuck?! I struggled to escape their grip but they were too strong. I remember the time Miggy pulled this prank on me. Only a professional prankster—MASON AND JACKSON.

He finally loosens his grip as I saw my elder brothers laughing at me with redden faces. Jackson clutched for his stomach from all the laughing. I hope it explodes!

“Dude! What’s wrong with you two?!” I growled and smack them both at the heads. Stupid brothers!

“Oh nothing we just need you to stay here for a while” Mason’s laugh faded looking casual; the professional Attorney Mason Isherwood everybody. “C’mon let us show you something” he grabbed my hand which I instantly pull away.

“No, I want to get out of here!” I screamed and turned my back to them.

“Please” I stopped dead in my tracks. I thought I just heard Harry’s voice. I turned around to see Mason and Jackson. I felt like I was about to cry but I restrained it. “O-Okay” my voice almost cracked. They both grinned and pulled me deep into the cave.

“Where are we going?” I hissed as they led me to a dark alleyway. It’s too dark to see anything. They finally stopped in their tracks. Their bodies blocked a bright light; must be the exit. We entered another cave; this time it wasn’t dark, it was full of bright shells, different in color.

“Wow” I breathed. This is more beautiful than Walker’s mansion! :D Cool.

“Do you regret joining us?” Mason smirked at me.

“H-How did you know this?” I couldn’t take my eyes off the beautiful things in front of us.

“Geographer” Jackson shrugged. Oh right, I forgot. That’s why he’s in Canada. He’s searching for some weird artifacts of certain animals. “You can take some if you like, just not too many” I grinned at them, this could make a perfect souvenir for the gang! 

I took small ones; a different kind of shell for the girls and a different one for the boys. I took an epic one for Caleb and I took one for myself as well.

“This looks cute, whatdya think Massie?” Jackson inquired holding a cute shell with a cute pink swirl at the middle of it.

“Yeah whatever” Mason rolled his eyes. What was all about? And did I just saw Jackson blush? What is going on here? And what happened to ‘No Keeping Secrets’ rule? Mason noticed the expression on my face and nudge Jackson.