Chapter 8

“So you guys had this tree house built when you were all seven years old?” I said as they nodded. I was referring to Erica, Vanessa, Franklin, Miggy, Jenna, Leo and well they said they met Caleb during grade 7. And we’re in grade 11.

“Yup” Jenna popped the p at me. We were all lying and sitting across the tree house. Surprisingly it was clean, despite it was built in the middle of the forest.

“But what about Gabby?” Kyle asked chewing on his I don’t know 8th chewing gum? The flavor only lasts like five seconds.

“Well, it’s kind of a long story” Jenna looked at her twin story. “Well our parents divorced when we were only five years old and each of them took one of us, so we pretty much didn’t grew up in one house, but our parents let us keep in touch, they still allowed us to hang-out at the mall and have sleepovers and stuff” Wow, that must be sad you don’t get to live with your sister.

“So your mom enrolled you in our school so you could be with Jenna?” Kyle asked playing with MY panda stuff toy.

“Well…” Gabby looked down at her hands that she started fidgeting.

“It’s okay if you don’t tell us” I smiled at her. Jenna took her sister’s hand and smiled at her warmly. She smiled back and nodded. “No, I’ll tell you guys, I trust you” my heart warmed. It’s nice to feel that someone trusts you.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

“So let me get this straight, you were given by your mom, to your dad because she has cancer and can’t take care of you because she has to be taken care of at the ICU?” Kyle repeated. Duh Prescott, she just told us that. What a limitless loser…

“We get it, you don’t need to repeat over and over again” I snarled at him rolling my eyes.

“Well, since two of us have opened up, let’s make the most of it and tell everyone our deepest secrets” Miggy announced smirking, giving us a thumbs up.

“Sorry, maybe another time, the tree house has a curfew” Erica stood up and opened the door of the tree house. “Out” she demanded crossing her arms.

“But--” “Bye” “Eri--” “Out” Miggy grumbled something under his breath and exited the tree house followed by Franklin, then Leo, Caleb and last Kyle who was playing hi chewing gum and accidentally dropped it on his stuff toy. HA! Serves him right!

He saw laughing at him and glared. What he looked stupid? I shrugged.

“Why so cranky all of a sudden? What’s wrong Erica?” Jenna whispered at Erica.

“Nothing’s wrong. Just thought that Miggy obviously won’t spill his secrets with us today, so why would we?” Erica said casually.

“How do you know he won’t?” I asked.

“He never does” Erica shrugged. We nodded in agreement and proceeded outside and went back to the car.

We pass by at Kyle’s dorm delivering him home and went back to the mansion. So it’s Sunday tomorrow and I remember that tomorrow's the day of the fair.We always went to that fair every year, but mom never enjoyed it so dad has to sneak us out.God, I hope I can attend. Bleh, I’ll be home tomorrow anyway.

We arrived at Erica’s mansion and she asked to get the hot baths ready. Hot baths?! Is she for real?! I thought we could only find that in Japan or in anime…

“Erica’s half Japanese” Vanessa mentioned. I nodded with an ah.

After we finished taking a bath, we went to our room and have a little chit chat about boys. Ugh, boys, boys, boys, those creatures… creatures of the night that can do unnecessary things in life.