Chapter 13

Summer Opening Ball. (A/N: finally!!!)

Margery’s POV

Finally, it’s the day of the Summer Opening Ball that our weird principal came up with. I’m actually quite nervous, I don’t know why.

I’ve attended several events like this, but I never came with a date. Oh gosh Caleb, he’s my date. I hope he likes my dress. Oh gosh, I’ve never been a fan of fashion.

Good thing Nancy offered to do my hair and make-up for me. Gah, I hate this. After I took my shower, Nancy started to do my make-up while Alice was painting my nails. Since when did she learn how to do that?

Mum must’ve taught her. Well she can’t teach me all those lady lessons shit, but Alice listens to mom. Maybe because she knows she’s adopted? Yeah, I feel sorry for her, she knows all about her past. But she seems okay with us. Well as long as she’s happy, I’m happy.

“Margie, would you want me to paint your toe nails too?” Alice flashes me a smile.

“No thanks Allie” I denied.

“Okay I’ll get the blue glittery nail polish!” she giggled. Oh dear, she’s turning like Vanessa. I regret letting them meet each other. I mentally face palmed.

Nancy was done with my make-up and was now working on my hair. She wanted to dye my hair red but I declined, I just told her I’ll let her dye it during the summer.

Once she was done with my hair, she let me wear my blue ball dress. It was strapless; it had a black belt around the waist. There were 2 layers down above my knees. It looks simple but I think it’s cute. I paired it with glittery blue heels with black bows at the back. And mom made sure that Mason made me to wear some jewelry. Oh mom. And I will kill Mason for telling mom that I had a date.

I had a cobalt blue beaded bracelet, and sapphire earrings. Mason wanted me to wear the sapphire necklace that mom had to deliver, but I wanted to wear Harry’s necklace. It was a silver dragonfly chained necklace.

Soon I wore the conflict thing of the night: heels. I wore it and gained height from it. Damn, these are high, how many inches are there?

“Alright pictorial time!” Mason grinned holding out a camera. I groaned but did so. He took several pictures before the doorbell rang; must be Caleb.

Nancy opened the door to reveal Caleb in a tuxedo. Oh god he looks smoking hot. His eyes landed on me. His jaw dropped and he’s now staring at me. Well just like Tristan said, I’m hot! He’s the first one who told me that.

Speaking of Tristan, we our condition for them is to stay away from us as possible for three months.

“Hello there” Caleb smiled sheepishly. Oh my god he looks hot.

“Hey” I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

“Don’t do that! It’s supposed to lie lose!” Nancy scolded me and bring the strand of hair to it’s previous position.

I sighed and walked over to Caleb. These heels made me walk like a zombie! “You ready for the ball?” he smirked at me. Oh gosh that smirk of his…

“Ready than ever” I replied with a wink; with that he blushed and found his shoes amusing.

We arrived at the venue which was located at our school gym. Fancy, I know. Caleb took my hand in his as we both walked in the gym. Miggy and the others immediately spotted us and started to tease.

“Aw, look at you two” Gabby cooed. “You two look so cute!” she cupped her cheeks. Is she kidding me? She looks absolutely adorable! She was wearing a scarlet cute dress with a bow as the only trap. She didn’t wear heels; she wore glosy red flats and she has cute black gloves.