Chapter 11

Vanessa’s POV

M-Mike… so I’m wearing his… oh my gosh, is my hair okay? “Uh so you’re Mike” Margery looked at Mike, her hands on her hips.

“Uh yeah, and you are?” Mike crossed his arms not intentionally flexing his toned muscles. Oh my gosh, look at those biceps. Oh god, I’m staring stop it Vanessa.

“Margery Isherwood” Margery offered to shake hands. “Keegan, Mike Keegan” Mike accepted to shake hands. I felt a stung of jealousy inside of me. I know Margery doesn’t like Mike, and she l know she and Caleb have a thing.

“Me and Caleb don’t have a thing” Margery glared at me. Guess I said that out loud. I shrugged and looked at Mike who was already looking at me. Oh gosh, he’s staring—and he’s oh my…

“Vanessa right?” he asked. I nodded biting my lip. I looked into his beautiful brown eyes that shimmered under the street light. Oh gosh he looks like an angel.

“Vanessa! Margery!” Kyle snapped me out of my trance. Mike also snapped out of it and cleared his throat. He was staring too?

“Oh hey Kyle…” I turned to him with Caleb following him behind. They were running and panting as they rested their hands on their knees and catches their breath.

“Are you guys okay, I saw Tristan—Tristan and Rick!!!” he hollered and gave them each a smack at the head. That has to hurt… well they deserve it.

“Dude its okay” Mike touched Kyle’s shoulder. “Margery beat the shit out of them, now they’re slaves” Oh right, the condition. I don’t want to hang-out with these two. Margery saw the uncomfortable face look on my face so she yelled at the two to go home which they did.

“Thank you” I mouthed to her and gave a grateful smile.

“Are you guys alright?” Caleb asked us but is totally more concerned about Margery. Seriously, they look cute together.

“Yup, thanks to this baby” Margery tried to flex her arms but no muscle appeared. We laughed at her as she pouted and blushed. “It’s true anyway! I was the one who beat them up! Tell them Vanessa!”

They all looked at me as I nodded and Kyle and Caleb had shocked expression on their face. I giggled and caught Mike’s attention. He smirked at me making me blush. Why is he doing this to me?

“Okay, I’m going home Mason must be worried about me” Margery announced and start to walk towards a pathway.

“Uh, our neighborhood’s this way” Caleb pointed at the opposite direction Margery was walking. I forgot hey were neighbors. That made Margery stops and makes a U turn.

Caleb laughed at her and took her side joining her in walking. “I’ll walk you home” he offered. “I don’t need you two” Margery frowned. Their voices faded and left the three of us outside school.

“Alright, my mom’s picking me up at the mall so I’ll leave you two, bye” Kyle said and started to walk away leaving me with Mike. Shit, does this mean I have to walk by myself? I mean, Mike wouldn’t walk me—“Aren’t you going home yet?”

“Uh, y-yeah” I stared at the dark road and gulped. Shit, I hate the dark. Normally, Erica would let her driver drive me home whenever we watch the guys practice. Oh gosh, I took one step forward while Mike watched me.

“You’re scared of the dark aren’t you?” he snapped. I looked at him as he sighed deeply. “C’mon I’ll walk you home” WHAT?! Did he just—“C’mon, I have to get home before 8 lead the way” I nodded and started to walk to the direction of my house. I still had Mike’s jacket the kept me warm along the way.