Chapter 21

Margery’s POV

“Good thing I came with you, if I didn’t you’d be buying Caleb a more awful gift than the hula skirt” Kyle laughed as we reached my house’s gate.

“Whatever” I rolled my eyes at him. “But thanks anyway” I smiled.

“Just remember, Caleb really likes you and you should just forgive him cause I know he didn’t mean to upset you” Kyle gave a small smile. “You should value that someone cares for you”

 He looks like that he was troubled. Did he know about Erica’s boyfriend?

“How about you? How’s things with Erica?” I asked; he looked at his feet then back at me.

“Friend zoned” he simply answered with sad eyes

“I’m so sorry Kyle, maybe you guys aren’t just meant to be” I patted his shoulder.

“I should go” he announced. “B-bye” he paused. “And make Caleb say ‘This is the best birthday ever’ tomorrow” he winked and walked off.

I rolled my eyes at him and went inside my house. Seriously, he’s like the mini version of Jackson. Kyle—Jackson, plus they’re both blonde—oh wait Harry’s the blonde one, stupid me.

I wonder how Caleb’s doing. I was spacing out while I walked upstairs and didn’t hear Nancy call me until I felt someone squirt water at me. I wiped my face and saw the twins holding water guns in front of.

“Scott, Errol” I whined whipping the liquid from my face. “I’m not in the mood” I walk pass them and proceeded to my room.

I sat on my chair desk and opened my laptop to go online. I checked my Facebook newsfeed and got a couple of messages from the gang.

Mike Keegan: Can we talk? Like, right now? (Since when did he become conyo?)

Miggy Forshaw: Yo, Margie! Why is your babe down? He looks like he got rejected in offering you of ****** ***

Oh my god, Miggy Forshaw I am so killing you if you send another message like that! I buried my face in my hands in embarrassment. I just log-out of my account and collapsed on bed. Aw man, why did I slap Caleb like that? It’s not like I’m his girlfriend or anything… aw shocks, stupid Margery. I deserve a slap.

I heard someone creeping inside my room to see my brother Jackson and the twins.

“Marge?” Jackson called taking my side on the bed as I sat up. I can’t believe I was hostile towards them earlier. I shouldn’t involve them with my bummed mode; they’re my brothers, I don’t want them to be down.

“You okay?” Jackson asked me worriedly.

“Yeah, do me a favor” I said.

“What?” he wondered.

“Slap me” I asked him out of nowhere. I deserve it anyway. He gave me a weird look and held out his hand. This is it; he’s going to slap me! I closed my eyes and waited for the pain to come. But I only felt a soft pat on my cheek.

“W-What kind of slap is that?” I shot at him as he grinned.

“A careful one” he answered with a grin. I rolled my eyes at him as he sighed. “What’s wrong Marge? Bad day at school?” should I tell him? Or shouldn’t I? He might tease me again, plus the twins are here, they’re too young to know about lo—uh, fight.

“Well… I—I, it’s just…” I trailed off.

“What? You and your friends fought? Chocolate ran out? You dropped your chicken? Vanessa forced you to wear a skirt?” Jackson questioned one by one while the twins watched us while eating Twix bars. Where did they get that?