Bad Habits

Gabby

I knew I was getting in to bad habits by driving around in the car to get Lucas to fall asleep, but I can't stand another minute of his crying. Nothing will settle him like when I drive around in the car. I repeated the route of travelling around the blocks of Chicago before stopping out the front of Matts favourite bakery. After backing the car and unfolding the stroller I carefully lifted the capsule from the car and clicked it in place without waking Lucas. The firehouse was only a 5 minute walk from here and I knew it would cheer Matt up if we went in for a visit. After grabbing a couple of chocolate donuts and a pull apart roll, I began to wander down the street to the firehouse.

When I arrived a man wearing a candidate shirt was sweeping the floors as Matt looked over a clipboard and the truck. Hearing the wheels of the pram against the floor he looked up and smiled, "Hey beautiful." I chuckled slightly with a smile, "You're funny. I got next to no sleep last night thanks to your child." "So he's my baby now?" I nodded with a smile as he wrapped his arms around me. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "Thought we'd come see you. I bought you some donuts and a roll for lunch." "Thank you baby."

"Hey Gabby!" Hermann voice echoed across the apparatus floor as him and Mouch walked out of the common room. "Did you miss us?" "Some of ya," I shrugged with a laugh. Hermann nodded, "so what brings you here?" "This one," I smiled gently resting my hand in Matt shoulder as his lifted Lucas out of the pram. "He's been like a lost puppy do without you Gabby. All he's talking about is you or the baby," Hermann smiled. "Hermann, we listened to that five times over everytime you and Cindy had had another one. It's my first shift back," Matt laughed. I chuckled and patted Matts shoulder, "I know you miss us baby. You'll be back home again tonight." "Can't wait," he smiled. "Come in and eat."

I nodded and Matt carried Lucas into the fire house as I pushed in the stroller. "How's the new candidate?" "Borelli? He's doing great, a really good guy. Probably one of my best candidates." "Hey!" I said hitting Matt on the chest, "What about me?" "You were by far my favorite candidate ever," he chuckled slightly at me. "That's what I thought." "No one could be better than you." I smiled as Lucas started to whimper in Matts arms, "Aw hey my baby boy," I smiled as he woke up, "are you hungry?" His lips snaked together and I took him into my arms. "Let's go eat this in my office," Matt suggested, "then you can feed him."

I nodded and followed Matt down the corridor. Matt sat the pillows up on his bed so I could sit against them. "How's he going with feeding?" Matt asked me knowing that I'd had trouble the past couple days. "Good, he's better. I'm just sore that's all." "It makes me smile so much when I see you with him Gabby. You're such a good mother." I smiled and took his hand, "and you're a great father Matt, I've missed you today." He smiled and kissed my head gently before pulling out the food I bought. "You can't even begin to imagine how much I've missed the two of you," he smiled planting a kiss on my head.

Oh my goodness next one is the last chapter. Should I get a sequel going?