Let it Go

Gabby

"Everything is looking good. There's lost of improvement from the fall three weeks ago," the doctor said printing off a few pictures and handing them to me. "That's good." "You're 27 weeks now. I'll see you at the next appointment at 30 weeks. Until then I suggest you and your partner sit down and consider a birth plan, how things are going to go down once you are in labor. I nodded and slowly sat up on the bed. "How is the back pain going?" "It's good. Cleared up." "Good to hear. If you have any problems call me." I nodded and stood up before grabbed my hand bag. Looking through my phone I found a date I knew Matt wouldn't be on shift for the next appointment. I walked out to my car and got in before driving to the firehouse. "Hello beautiful," Matt said walking up to me as I got out of the car. "What are you doing here?" "We wanted to say hi," I smiled leaning up to kiss him. "I'm sorry I couldn't make the appointment." "That's okay, I booked the next one for a time when you weren't on shift," I said reaching into my bag and grabbing out the picture. "Wow, our baby's growing." "I know. Not long now." "Did you want to come in, see everyone?" I nodded and took Matts hand as we walked up to the doors. I miss being here, it's only been three weeks and I'm bored at home. Matt's nearly finished the nursery, so I should go out and buy some clothes soon. "Hey Dawson," Kelly said to me as I walked in. "How you feeling?" "I'm good. How is everyone?" I asked sitting down. "Pretty good. Strange without you being here."

Kelly

Dawson smiled. She looked happy, but something still seemed off about her. I don't know why. She was smiling, she didn't look tired, she said everything had gone well at the appointment. I don't know why I feel like she's not quite herself. "You okay Dawson?" She looked at me and furrowed her eyebrows. "Kelly I'm fine. Why would I be?" I shrugged and got up and looked at Shay and pointed to the door. She got up behind me and we walked out onto the apparatus floor. "Dawson seem okay to you?" "Yeah why?" "I don't know, something about her today. She isn't how she normally is." "What's going on with you? If anything I reckon it's you who's a little out of it today." "I don't know," I said. "Well I think Dawson's fine. Don't say anything to her because she's already self conscious enough." "Yeah, I won't," I sighed. "Squad we are going for a ride."

Casey

Gabby leaned against me as she sat in my lap at the table. "What's his problem?" She asked as Shay walked back in. "Who knows," she replied. "Did I do something?" "Don't worry about it Dawson, he's being stupid." "No but if I-" I stopped her, "Gabby let it go. It wasn't you, don't stress." She sighed and I rested both my hands on her stomach. "What do you want for dinner tonight?" She shrugged. "I'll pick up something on the way home from shift. What do you want?" She turned her head towards me and rested one hand on top of mine, "actually I really feel like hot chips. And bread rolls." "Okay. Anything else?" She shook her head and leaned back again. "Just worry about you babe, you can't help how anyone else feels." "I know but I hate it when people act like something's wrong and then make me feel terrible. I'm alone half the time, I'm tired, I have this huge thing," she sighed rubbing her hand up and down her stomach. "I don't know what Kelly's problem is but don't let that phase you. I think you're beautiful, that's all that matters," I whispered kissing just under her jaw line. She smiled slightly and rested her head in the nook of my neck, "Matthew Casey that is exactly why I love you."