Accept the Fact

Gabby

It felt so good to be back on shift. It was nice to be out of the house and actually be doing something. I sat on Matts lap as we are breakfast in the common room, and I leaned my head back against him. "You hungry this morning hey?" He asked me, making me look down to him. "It's not my fault!" He smiled and rested his hand in my stomach, which was increasing in size by the day. "I know, I'm just teasing." "At least I am eating. I couldn't keep food down a few weeks okay." "I know." He smiled kissing me gently, "I love you." "I love you too." "How's the house hunting going?" Herrmann asked clearing our bowls and placing them on the bench. "Pretty well, we made an offer on a house the other day." "That's great Dawson, where abouts is it?" "About 5 minutes from where we are now. It's a 15 minute drive from work." "Sounds nice." "Yeah she's in love with it," Matt said looking at me. "Shut up," I laughed hitting him playfully. "When do you find out if you got it or not?" "Couple days," I replied.
Ambulance 61. Person down, unknown causes. 132 Stanton ave.
"You be careful out there," Casey smiled kissing me gently. "I will." I got up off his lap and walked out to the ambulance we Shay. "I'm really happy for you Dawson," she smiled as we got in and she began to drive. I smiled and looked at her. "How so?" "Well you and Casey have managed to work things out. You're buying a house. And you're having a baby!" "I know, it's crazy isn't it?" I smiled resting my hands on my belly. "And you have that adorable little bump," she laughed slightly.

Casey

I couldn't help but worry about Gabby when she was on a call. Was she being threatened by people? By witnesses? Was she doing heavy lifting on the backboard. I am going to have to accept the fact that she loves her job and that she has to do it. The doctor wouldn't let her work if she thought it was unsafe. I walked out to the apparatus floor and started checking all the equipment, trying to take my mind off gabby being out in the floor. I grabbed my turn out gear and walked into the common room. "81 we need fuel, load up." I walked back out and got in the front seat of the truck.

~~~

By the time we got back the ambo was back. I got out of the truck and walked into the common room to see Gabby standing by the bench drinking some tea. "How was the call?" "It was fine. You don't have to worry about me," she smiled. "I always will." She leaned forward and rested her head against my chest with her eyes closed. "You look tired, want to go lay down in my office for a bit?" She nodded and I placed her cup of tea down on the bench before leading her down the corridor. Once we were back in the room she laid down on my bed and snuggled under the covers. "Want me stay?" I asked sitting beside her. "Yeah."