You Make Everything Look Easy

Gabby

I looked over the bedroom we had finished putting together. The wardrobe was filled with our clothes and the bathroom had everything we needed in it. The blue wall looked amazing with the new bed and sheets. I liked how I could sit on the bed and look straight out to the backyard through the doors opening into the balcony. I grabbed the empty boxes and carried them downstairs where Matt was busy finishing putting together the couch with the men who had come from the store. "It looks good babe." I said kissing him gently as I walked into the kitchen. I put the kettle on to boil to make myself a tea and Matt a coffee. "Done!" He said wiping his forehead and walking over to me. I handed him his cup of coffee and paid the men. "That's everything done then," I smiled. "Other than the nursery, but I'll do that another day." I nodded and ran my hand through his sweaty hair. "You need a shower." "Tell me about it. I'll be down soon." I nodded and took the men out. "Thank you for everything," I smiled before closing the door. I grabbed my tea from the bench and sat down on the couch in front of the TV. This thing is so damn comfy. I tried to turn the TV on but it wouldn't work. That means Matt mustn't have connected it yet. I love him but he can be a pain sometimes. I walked upstairs and decided I could start doing something in the nursery. I grabbed the pair of scissors that were sitting with all the boxes. I started to open them one by one. The car seat came out first. I pulled off the tags and sat it in front of me. In a few months we were going to have a baby that will be small enough to fit in to this. I moved it across so it was up against the wall. The next box I attacked I think is the crib but I'm not sure. It's in too many pieces. I pushed that box aside so everything would stay together before I opened the next box. This was the bassinet, and it didn't look too hard to put together. It was mostly just a matter of clicking the right pieces together. I spread everything out on the floor and read through the instructions.

Casey

I got out of the shower and dried off before pulling a shirt over my head with some shorts. I walked out of the bedroom and down the hall, stopping at the nursery. Gabby had her back to me, she must have started opening all the boxes. I think that's the bassinet she's trying to put together. "Babe what are you doing?" I said with a chuckle as I walked in and couched down behind her. "This isn't going together," she sighed rubbing her face. "I can help," I smiled rubbing her shoulders. "It looked easy." I laugh and kissed her head, "you've done a great job. We just need to click this in here, and this is here, and then it should be good." I walked around and sat opposite her and clicked in the rest of the frame. "There." I stood up and stood the frame upright. I grabbed the bed part of it and clicked it in the top. "You make everything look easy," Gabby whined. I grabbed her hands and pulled her off the ground. "Just think, soon we are going to have a baby to go in that."

Happy Easter x