Like You

Gabby

Everything hurt, and there was a constant dull ache in my stomach. "I have someone here to meet you," Christie whispered quietly, my attention turned to the baby laying in her arms. It wasn't long before tears were in my eyes, threatening to spill over. "A little boy, born at 2:16pm. 5lb 11 ounces." "He's so small," I smiled. "A little smaller than we'd like, but his stats are good. Here." She held the baby up for me to take and I tried to sit up. It didn't take long for pain to shoot through my stomach. "Don't move, you don't want to rip the stitches," Christie said.

Christie

I could tell gabby was in pain but nothing was going to stop her from holding her son. I passed him over and the baby instantly snuggled into her. "He didn't finish feeding," I smiled handing her the bottle. "Thanks," she whispered. "Matt said you hadn't picked a name yet." "We had a girls name, Emilia," she smiled. "We've got two boys names, we just have to pick one." "What do you think we should call him?" Matts gruff voice filled the room and I looked over to see him sitting up. "I'm going to give you guys some time. I need to go pick up violet from school," I said standing up. "Thank you Christie," gabby smiled. I leant down and kissed her forehead, "I'll be back to check up on you later."

Matt

As Christie left I sat down beside Gabby. "You scared me." "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." "Well I'm just glad you're okay, that both of you are okay." I smiled looking down at our son who Gabby had laying upright in her arms as she gently patted his back. "He looks so much like you Matt. He has your beautiful blue eyes." I smiled and gently rubbed his head as he snuggled into Gabby. It amazes me how he knows she is his mother, yet he has only been in this world for less than two hours. "What do you think we should name him? Is he a Lucas or an Elijah?" Gabby smiled and gently caressed his tiny little cheek. "Lucas Matthew Casey. How does that sound?" "I love it," I smiled. "Hey little Lucas." Gabby held him up and I took him into my arms, he did have my dark blonde hair and blue eyes but his facial features were all things he'd inherited from Gabby. "What happened Matt?" Gabby asked leaning against me. "Well, when I got here you were going into emergency surgery. Christie and a couple of surgeons delivered the baby and stopped the bleeding. I'm just glad you're okay." "I'm okay, I promise." "You should be able to go home next week." "I'm so excited to finally bring our baby boy home. Everything's real now." "Tell me about it," I smiled gently kissing my little boys head, "you need some rest. Why don't you try sleep for a bit?" "Are you sure?" "I'm positive Gabby, I just want you better."