You Know her Best

Casey~ 6 Weeks Later

I parked my truck and grabbed my bag from the passenger seat before getting out and walking towards the firehouse. "Hey hey hey, look who's back," Herrmann said as I walked in. "Glad to be back," I smiled. I walked in to the common room where I was greeted by everyone else, before walking to the bathrooms to change. Once I changed out I stuffed my bag into my locker. I walked back out and looked around the common room. "Hey where's Dawson?" I asked walking over to Shay, "she's never late." "She's been going through a bit of a rough patch lately. I know she's your candidate but don't go too hard on her okay?" "Yeah whatever you say Shay, you know her best."

I walked out to the truck and joined Herrmann in checking all the gear out. "Dawsons late again," he said to me. "How longs it been going on?" "Past few shifts. I don't think she's well, she's been off her game." "Shay said she's going through a rough patch, you know anything about it?" "Nope, she hasn't spoken to any of us."

Gabby

I got out of the car and jogged toward the house. I was late again, and today was Caseys first day back. I didn't want to face him, not with everything going on. "Candidate your late," he called as I jogged up the path. "Sorry lieutenant, won't happen again." I said. "Go change out, we need to fill up the rig." I nodded and walked into the common room before walking down in the bathroom. I changed out and put on my boots. As I leant down to tie them I was over come by yet another dizzy spell. I stood and leaned on the counter as I closed my eyes. "Dawson I think-" Shay said walking in, "Hey you okay?" She asked waking over. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I nodded breathing deeply, "it's just a dizzy spell." "How long have you been having them for?" "A couple weeks. They come and go with the nausea." "How many weeks are you now?" She asked me. "Nearly 10." "You have to tell Casey." "I can't." I breathed. "If not about the baby then at least about the dizzy spells. You can't be running into a burning building and then nearly passing out." "Shay I'm fine," I said bending down and tying my shoes. "It's just apart of what my body is going through right now." I grabbed my bag and walked out, throwing it in my locker before going back out to the floor. As soon as I appeared Casey called out, "Alright 81 let's go fuel up." We all grabbed our turn out gear and got in the truck.

Casey

As we drive down the road I couldn't help but think of what was going on with Gabby. She was sitting facing forward and looking out the window. She looked so beautiful, so natural in her turn out gear. She was going to make one hell of a fire fighter one day. I'm just upset that this managed to get in the way of our relationship. All I've ever wanted was to be with her. I watched in the mirror as she closed her eyes and leant her head against the window. She looks so tired, like she hasn't slept properly in weeks. I hope she opens up to me, I want to make whatever is wrong better. I sighed and looked back out the front, what am I going to do with her?