Just Shaken

Casey

"Hey Sir, there's no beds in here right now,' I said calmly. "My baby girl needs her nap. I need a bed now." "There are mattresses out in the common room, and on the floor. Try out there but don't disturb people in here just because all of the beds are full." "That ones not." He said pointing in to Kelly's office. "That's because it's my office, which has confidential information in it that you can't be around," Kelly spoke up. "Then how come that chick is in that one?" He asked pointing to mine. "Because that's my pregnant girlfriend who works here," I spat, "like I said the beds are full. So go out and try and find a mattress on the floor." He walked away angrily and I shook my head.

Kelly

That guy is a total idiot. So disrespectful to every other person that is sleeping in this room. "Don't worry about it Casey," I said seeing he was worked up about it. "He's an asshole," he said. "Yeah. Some people just are." Casey, Shay and I returned to handing out blankets to everyone in the room. Just as I'd handed out my last blanket the man walked back in, this time without his daughter. I averted my gaze so he couldn't see I was staring at him. There was a loud shatter and my head snapped up to see him throw a rock into the window of Caseys office. "Hey!" I shouted chasing after him. Shay went straight into the office to Dawson while Matt and I chased him down the corridor. I grabbed him by his shoulders and threw him to the ground. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked grabbing a piece of rope. I tied a handcuff knot and wrapped it around his hands stopping him from moving. "Thanks man," Matt said patting my back. "Go make sure Gabbys okay and call Antonio."

Casey

I walked into my office where Shay and Gabby were sitting on the bed. "You okay Gabs?" I asked bending down in front of her and putting my hands on her legs. She nodded and I wiped the tear that fell from her eye. "Who was that guy?" "I don't know. He tried to pick a fight with me about beds earlier, he wasn't targeting you." "Promise?" "Promise, if anything he was trying to get back at me." Shay rubbed her back, "I'll go get Kelly's keys, you can sleep in there." "Thanks Shay," I said. I brushed the glass off Gabbys leg and jumper. "Did you get a fright huh?" I asked. "Yeah," she whispered. I gently rested my hand against her stomach and felt the baby moving restlessly. "Let's get you into Kelly's office," I said helping her up. We walked out into the hall and over to Kelly's office while Shay unlocked it letting us in. Gabby laid down on the bed and I sat down next to her, pulling out my phone. "I'm just going to call your brother okay?" She nodded slightly as I waited for Antonio to answer. "Hey Casey. Everything okay?" "Hey Antonio. Any chance you can come down to the firehouse? I got into an argument with a guy about all the beds being used, and he lost it and there a rock into my office window where Gabby was sleeping." "Is Gabby okay?" "She's fine, just a bit shaken. Kelly's got the man tied up in a handcuff knot until you guys arrive." "I'll be there soon."
I hung up the phone and placed it back in my pocket before gently tucking Gabbys hair behind her ear. "Will you stay here?" "Yeah of course," I nodded.

Antonio

"Shay," I said walking into the common room. "Who's trying to mess with my sister?" "Glad you're here. I'll get Casey for you." We walked down the corridor and into the bunk room where Matt came out of the office. "Hey man. How's Gabby?" I asked shaking his hand. "She's fine, just shaken up. Can you stay with her Shay?" She nodded and Matt led me down the hall. "So I got into an argument with this guy about beds. He wanted to know why he couldn't sleep in Kelly's bed, and we explained how that's the lieutenants office and we can't let anyone in there. Then her stated having a go about the fact that Gabby was in mine. Next thing I know there's a hole smashed through the glass." "Did you see it happen?" I asked writing down notes. "No Kelly did, they're down here." We walked into the laundry where Kelly was with a guy tied up. "Alright we'll take him back to the station for the night, I'll contact you if anything needs to go further. Do you want to press charges?" Matt shook his head, "No. He can just pay for the window to be fixed." I nodded and led the guy out. "I'll see you later Matt." "Thanks Antonio. Bye."