I've Been Thinking...

Casey

I woke up as Gabby sat up in bed, her hand resting over her stomach. I sat up beside her and placed my hand on her back. "Breathe Gabby, it'll pass," I said rubbing her back as she tried to stop the nausea. I grabbed her glass of water from the bedside table and passed it to her so she could take small sips, trying to calm her stomach. "Better?" "A little," she mumbled as she passed the glass back to me. I helped her lay back down against the pillows, she closed her eyes as she rested her head on my chest. I rubbed her back as she settled again. "I was talking to chief last night," I said quietly. "What about?" "Well Brett's moving to San Fransisco, there's an opening as PIC back on the ambo. I said I knew someone who might take it." "What did he say?" "I didn't tell him it was you, he said he wanted a answer by next shift. Do you want it?" "Well my only other option is a desk job so yeah I do," she said looking up to me. "Alright I'll tell him. You need to focus on getting better, so you can actually get out of bed to go to work." "This should all pass soon, now that I've reached 12 weeks." "I worry about you you know," I smiled kissing her head. "You've got a lot going on." "I'd tell you if I wasn't okay. I'm already feeling better. I didn't have a dizzy spell once last night." "That's good," I smiled. "Did you want to do something today? If you're feeling up to it." "How about a walk in the park?" She smiled. "Yeah sounds good. Get breakfast at Navy Pier?" She nodded and sat up. "Let's get dressed then." I grabbed my clothes from my bag and changed as Gabby did too. She grabbed my lieutenants top and jumper and slipped them over her head. "I love wearing your clothes," she smiled. "That's one thing I missed when we weren't together." I smiled and leant down to kiss her as I grabbed my wallet and phone. "Ready?" "Yeah." She nodded with a smile. We walked down the stairs and out the front door. Gabby led the way down the path before crossing the road and picking up the path that led into the park. "It's nearly autumn," she smiled looking up at the trees. "I know, the weather is nice." She nodded and swung our hands back and forth as she walked. She looked so much better compared to a week ago. She had colour back in her face and she was able to get out of the house and walk around. She should be back at work with in the next few shifts, I know she has been missing it. We got to a park bench that looked out over the lake and I sat down, pulling her onto my lap. "I've been thinking, we should buy a house." She looked down to me, "really?" "Yeah. A place for us to move into before the baby is born. Have a nice backyard. Close to work and schools." "Are you sure you're ready for us to move back in together?" "I want nothing more Gabby. Besides, by the time we actually pick a house and then move in it'll be a couple months anyway. We will be ready by then." "Okay," she smiled.