Chapter 17 The Last Time

Start from the beginning

Sakura let out a peel of laughter at that suggestion, enticing her abductor further.

Elyon turned abruptly, and a wild strike with the whip in her direction let Sakura know she succeeded in goading her. Sakura’s hands moved instinctively to protect her face and deflect the whiptails that immediately lashed her wrists and arms. A sharp pull cinched her hands, and she was vaguely aware that the rope binding her actually saved a large portion of skin from this new assault. What wasn’t saved was burning like hell. A second yank and Elyon pulled Sakura painfully to her knees. She gasped from the sting of pebbles on her kneecaps.

“Now then Sakura, say you’ll cancel the contract between you and Sebastian Michaelis and this will all go much easy for you.”

“That’s Lady Sakura to you.” She looked her in the eyes before adding, “Bastard.”

“Say it!”

“Never! He is my butler and until the moment he eats my soul he is mine!”

She tossed Sakura away from her. “Tie her to that pole.”

Her henchmen obeyed and cleared the area. Elyon gave the whip a swirl to test and the crew gave shouts of encouragement.

“Wait!” Riku Magnolia interrupts. Then Riku took a knife, and before he could be stopped, sliced the back of Sakura’s black robe and spread it to make a clean target for her enemy.

A cheer went up.

The first crack of the whip was lost among cheers, but the dramatic flinching of the victim’s body was not. Elyon looked at her men and smiled devilish pleasure. She enjoyed watching her victim arch painfully. A hot red mark opened on her back, revealing how easily her skin had broken.

“Will you not beg, sweetling?”

Sakura rasped, sweat burning her eyes. “Go to hell.”

Sakura braced herself for the next lash. A loud hiss squeezed from her clenched teeth as the whip seared flesh and muscle. She breathed in slowly trying to prepare herself for another, praying her whimper of pain was not discernible. Instead, her head yanked back violently. The next lash struck her back across the middle, followed quickly by a second and third before she could even prepare. Her exhale of agonized breath seemed to garner sympathy from a few henchmen, but none dared to challenge Elyon.

Sakura crumbled against the cemented pole, sucking in air during the pause. Her mouth was dry, her lips torn from biting back cries. Perspiration dripped at her temples as she fought to maintain consciousness against the blackness crowding the edge of her vision. That’s when she decided swooning might work in her favor.

Elyon observed Sakura’s limp body and lifted her tied hands from the hook holding them in place. When she let go, Sakura fell to the ground.

“She ain’t dead already, is she?” Someone yelled out, sounding disaapointed.

“No.” Elyon smiled. “But this sure as hell takes the fun out of it.” She tossed the whip to the ground amid the laughter of the crew. An enterprising man grabbed a pail of salt water and washed over the fresh wounds on Sakura’s back. A wail erupted through her clenched teeth at the unexpected assault burning nearly as hot as her wrath toward Elyon and her men. She forced her eyelids downward to hide the murderous vengeance she felt. Adjusting her robe, she crawled a feet or two, struggling to see through wet, tangled her and eyes rimmed with dirt and sweat. Reaching for the post that had moments earlier held her, she pulled herself up, straightening as much as she was able, every muscle protesting her proud stance. The raw skin remaining on her back resisted every movement, but determination to fight filled every part of her. Her eyes glared, but her lips smiled. This time she laughed. “Do I scare you Elyon?” She took an unstable step closer to her enemy. Elyon didn’t move.