Chapter Thirty

I just want to say to everyone, thank you all for being so supportive. I love you all.

And secondly, I know I promised a 5000-6000 word chapter, I kind of ran out of things to add in this one, so yeah.

You'll all have to make do with a nice juicy 3,812 words long chapter.

So without further adieu, here it is: Don't Let Me Go ~ A Carl Grimes Fanfiction: Chapter Thirty

____________________________________________________________________________________

I don't know how long I sit in the bathroom for. I know I cry a lot, but after a while Carl comes looking for me. At first, he knocks the door quietly, and I ask who it is as I frantically wipe my face.

"It's me. Kaitlyn, open up. Please." Carl talks softly and I almost cave in, but I decide that I don't want him or anyone else to see me like this.

"No, Carl. Go away. Please, just leave me alone. I want to be alone." I sniff. Carl doesn't let up easily, just as he never does. He continues to knock the door annoyingly and he refuses to move.

"Open up or I'll have to break the door down. I don't want to break it down, this is a nice house, but you know I'll do it. Please, just let me in. I only want to talk. Please," Carl is begging now, which makes my will weaken. Usually I wouldn't give in. I wouldn't let anyone see me like this.

"Carl, I can't. I'm gross." I argue.

"I don't care, just let me in." I slowly wipe my face and get up to unlock the door. Carl stands there, with sympathy staining his face, looking like he'd just saw someone kick a puppy.

"Stop it," I say as I turn and face the mirror above the sink.

"Stop what?" he asks. "What did I do?"

"Stop looking at me like I'm a wounded animal. Like you feel sorry for me," I say. "I don't need pity from anyone, especially not you."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know there was a look." I sigh.

"Was there something you wanted?" I ask, tiredly.

"Kaitlyn, you have to know; you have nothing to worry about. I lost her anyway. I saw her go over the wall, then I didn't see her till Dad and I got back here." I could scream at this boy. Carl doesn't actually understand why I'm upset.

"I don't care that you couldn't find her, Carl!" I snap. He looks taken aback. "I care that you followed her in the first place. You dropped everything for her. Have you forgotten? I'm supposed to be your girlfriend, not her."

"I didn't mean anything by it. I'm sorry. But to be fair, you were being super-friendly with Ron and Mikey. You didn't act like that with me, when we first met. I was just—" I cut him off.

"Just what, Carl? You thought we'd be even, if you became best friends or whatever with Enid? Did you think that if you pointed out how friendly I am with Ron and Mikey, I'd feel guilty for being mad about Enid? That is in no way fair. Newsflash, Carl; we're not the only ones here. We have to make a good impression here. I'm being nice to everyone—" This time he cuts me off.

"You beat one of the residents up." He counters with a smirk.

"—almost everyone. That's why they allow us to stay here. We be nice to everyone. We keep our heads down. We don't go climbing over the walls, outside exploring. As soon as they see us as a threat, we'll be exiled, faster than you can say, 'walkers'." Carl looks at me. "After today, some of them already see us as threats, and yes, that's partly my fault, but one more incident, and we'll be out of her so fast it'll make our heads spin."