Chapter 2: Werewolf?

Comincia dall'inizio

"I tripped and— I um, I hit my head. I blacked out for a second and opened the door. Sorry..." I could tell he was lying. I give him a look before calming down.

I walk outside into the woods to calm down. Why won't he just tell me the truth. Granted, I am lying to him but I am protecting him. What could he possibly be hiding?

———————————————————————————————————————------------------------------------

After school I go home and Scott isn't there. I take the time to search through his room. Nothing. How am I getting bad at this after like 4 years?

I hear the door open and run to my room. I hear Scott walk up the stairs slowly. A few minutes later I hear running and recognize the footsteps as Stiles. I look out of my room to see him bounding into my brother's room. I walk over and listen as Stiles asks, "What did you find? How did you find it? Where did you find it? And, yes, I've had a lot of Adderall today so..."

"I found something of Derek Hale's." My brother says.

"Are you kidding? What?"

"There's something buried there, I could smell blood." What?

"That's awesome. I mean it's terrible. Whose blood?"

"I don't know... But when we do, your dad nails Derek Hale for the murder. Then you help me figure out how to play lacrosse without changing." Changing into what? "Because there is no way I'm not playing that game." I run back to my room as the boys leave.

I get a text from Lydia before I could process the information. She asks me to get to the hospital.

I rush there and find that Stiles is attempting to talk to her. "Hey, Lydia. You probably don't remember me. Uh, I sit behind you in biology. Uh, anyway, I always thought we had this kind of connection. Unspoken, of course. Maybe it'd be kind of cool to get to know each other, a little better?" I round the corner and see that Lydia wasn't listening. Rather she was listening to someone through a bluetooth.

"Hold on, give me a second." She says, taking the earpiece out. "Yeah, I didn't get any of what you just said. Is it worth repeating?"

Stiles then laughs nervously. "No... sorry..." He bumps into me as he turns. "I'm gonna sit..."

I laugh and sit next to Lydia. A few minutes later Jackson walks out holding his shoulder.

"Did he do it?" Lydia asks, standing.

I zone out and think. Scott can smell blood, he got really good at lacrosse and is going over to Derek Hale's. The only things I can think of is he knows about the Hales, Derek has been training him to be a better athlete, which is very unlikely. And lastly he could be a... Oh God.

I stand up and tell Lydia I need to go. She pouts and whines but I finally leave. I get to my room and print out every police report connected to animal attacks and the Hales. I find out that three of the Hales survived the fire, probably set by the Argents: Peter Hale, Derek and Laura. Peter is Derek's uncle and Laura is his older sister. I'd bet anything that the body found is Laura. Supposedly Laura gained alpha status after the fire. Either the Argents killed her, or someone killed her to steal the alpha power. Peter is comatose in the hospital and Derek has been out of town. The only wolf in the area, who is able to walk, is Derek. Derek Hale bit my brother.

I feel anger boiling inside me. My brother is a werewolf. Derek Hale made him into a monster. A monster that needs to be put down before it kills.

Calm down Liz, there is no proof. He might just know about the supernatural. I mean it's not like he's hurt someone yet, right?

———————————————————————————————————————------------------------------------