Chapter 1

(Jess' POV.)

I closed the front door behind me and left it for my Dad to lock. I put my earphones in and connected them to my iPhone before pressing shuffle. I put my bag with a few essentials in over my shoulder and walked towards the car where my two younger brothers were already sat. As you may have guessed, we're moving house - but not just house, country, continent, to the other side of the world. We're moving to Australia. My parents split up last year which was a hard time for both me and my brothers. When my Dad got this job opportunity, he couldn't turn it down, so that's why we're moving. All of our belongings were already on their way there.

I sat down in the front passenger seat next to my Dad leaving my younger brothers in the back. Nathan, who's eight years old was playing on his Nintendo DS and Kieran, who's four years old was asleep. I unlocked my iPhone and was about to change the song when I heard a knock on the car window and a familiar face stood their.

"Ollie!" I shouted, opening the car door, not being able to get out as fast as I wanted to. "Jess" He murmured in to my neck. "I don't want you to leave baby" He whispered. "I don't want to either, but I'll have to come back at some point to see Mum and you'll hopefully be allowed to come and visit me in summer" I told him. He pressed his lips against mine and I kissed him back. 

My Dad awkwardly broke us apart by telling me that I needed to get in the car to go. "Bye Ol" I whispered, tears starting to fall down both of our faces, I got in the car and as we pulled away, I saw him in the wing-mirror walking away in the opposite direction, a lot slower than usual. I felt the tears stream down my face even more. "He's only a guy, they'll be plenty more in Auz" My Dad said, he really had the cheek to say that?! Ollie and I had been dating for two years since we were 14 and we're both now 16. Dad had wanted us to break up before we moved but I refused. 

The only good thing about moving to Australia is that my favourite band "5 Seconds Of Summer" live there. Apart from the fact that Australia is such a big country and they've just toured with One Direction I thought I would be able to meet them, but I doubt that's going to happen now. I switch the song to "Beside You" and shut my eyes. 

When I wake up, we're at the airport. We went through all the security and eventually got on the plane. "Bye England, bye Mum, bye Ollie" I whispered as the plane took off. Not only would I be leaving Ollie, but I'd be leaving my Mum and all my family apart from my Dad and brothers. Me, Nathan and Kieran were always closer to Mum than Dad but when they split up we ended up living with Dad and Mum went to live with her sister in Wales. 

I know Dad promised that we'll go back to see Mum sometimes, but for some reason, I just don't believe him.