43) Bad Nausea

Claire-

Claire bent over the toilet, throwing up for the fifth time that day. She can't keep anything down; she hates the smells of fish even though she loves fish and sushi. But right now, she hates the smell of garlic and onions. Strong odors have her nauseous and in the bathroom.

Saito stood behind her, holding her hair away from her face. He rubbed her back.

She spit out and flushed. Standing, she washes her mouth with mouthwash and brushes her teeth thoroughly. Sighing, she climbed back into bed, where Savannah waited with tea. Her mother was here, too.

"Drink; it'll help with the nausea, and it has no odor," Savannah smiled. She and Irena helped her drink the tea. It wasn't enjoyable. "It will also help you regain some weight."

Claire has lost weight instead of gaining. It's worrisome; she doesn't want her baby to suffer.

"I was like this with all of my children; Claire was the worst, constant vomiting and staying in bed," Irena said. "Is it normal?"

"Yes," Savannah said. "Every woman has a different reaction during their pregnancy. I believe it's a genetic thing in your family, Claire."

Claire looks up. "It won't last, will it?"

"When did it stop for you?" Savannah asked Irena.

Irena rubbed her belly. "I was four months into the pregnancy when my nausea stopped." She groaned. "So far, this baby isn't causing me distress, but I probably just jinxed myself."

Claire leaned against the pillows and tried to relax. She will have to endure it for four months, maybe less.

She only rested her eyes for a moment. She woke up to little hands rubbing her belly. Claire cracks open her eyes and peeks down. Sapphire on the end with her ear against her belly, rubbing in it.

"Hey," Claire sat up. "When did you get here?"

Sapphire giggled and planted a sloppy kiss on her belly. Claire chuckled and smoothed Sapphire's hair down.

"Hi?" Luna enter. "How are you feeling?"

"Exhausted," Claire sighed. "And empty, I'm hungry, but I fear if I eat something, I'll throw it back up."

"I'm sure it'll be fine," Luna set a fruit basket on the bed. Sapphire crawled over to it, grabbed a pear, and took a bite. "Sapphire, these are for Claire."

Sapphire held the bitten pear up to Claire. Claire shook her head. "It's alright, you eat it."

Luna sat on the chair and grabbed an apple; she took out a pocket knife and began to peel it. "I didn't know being pregnant could be so hard. I'll probably stay a virgin for the next ten years or longer. No way am I going to get pregnant."

Claire laughed. "I don't think Demitri will want to wait that long; once you're of age, he'll pounce on you."

Luna cut the apple into cute little bunnies. "Ha, he wishes; I'll teleport until he gets exhausted." Luna offers one of the apple slices. "Here."

Claire took the apple slices and slowly ate them—her belly ached from hunger. The apple was sweet and juicy.

Luna kept cutting fruit and offering them to Claire. Claire was getting full by the time Saito entered the room. Sapphire was sleeping beside her.

"I came to tell you I'll be going to see Colton," Saito said. "An issue has arisen; Joseph's father isn't so happy about Colton getting back with Joseph. It's a disaster, and Joseph's father wants to kill Colton. I have to go and intervene and find a proper solution."