31) Again?!

Saito-

Saito is getting tired of these random attacks. What do they want now? Who are they after? Aren't they satisfied?

It's the middle of the night, and he's fucking tired. He barely gets any sleep. He has been from one meeting to another, and then there are the attacks. He's starting to get angry. Furious. His blood is boiling!

He exited the bed, opened the balcony doors, and jumped over the railing. He shifted mid-air and landed on an angel trying to drag Lunic away. Lunic didn't have much energy today; she's been helping Savannah. They have been trying to find Hade's wife. She's a hard lady to locate. Dante and Lilly think they found her. But they aren't too sure.

He ripped the angel's throat, and he poofed. He was craving more blood.

"Thanks," Lunic gasped. "Oh, your eyes are red; you better tone it down."

Saito scoff.

"Right, sorry," she scratched behind her ear.

He roars as a sharp pain ripples throughout his back. He kept shifting back and forth, his bones breaking and forming—lightning. He couldn't hold a form.

"Fuck! Stay still!" Lunic reached his back and pulled a golden arrow swirling with electricity.

"Lunic."

They look up to see Dom aiming another arrow at them. Saito growled. He can't wait to dig his claws into Dom and rip out his organs.

He snarls at him once he regains his balance.

"I wanted to do that since finding out you were Claire's soulmate," he laughed. "Too bad it can't kill you." This guy is starting to piss him off. "I'm sure Claire won't miss you at all."

"What?" Claire was behind Dom. She wore a mask, but Saito knew it was her.

He did his best to pretend like he didn't care about her. It hurts like hell; his heart feels like it's breaking. But it must be done to get Claire angry.

"Nothing, dear," Dom said. "Don't you want revenge?"

Claire reached her hand back and brought out a quiver and an arrow. She aims it at him. She wouldn't, would she? Saito looked her right in her beautiful amber-red eyes. He notices how badly her hands are trembling. She hesitated, could it be She knew who he was?

She let the arrow go. The arrow wheezed past  Saito's left ear. A small rip happened on his ear; well, that'll be a scar. 

Claire gasped, and she reached for him. That was when Sam and Erick tackled Dom. Dom was stupid enough to get distracted by Claire shooting at him. Has he not learned never to take your eyes off the enemy? Or, in this case, never celebrate victory early.

"Go!" Lunic yelled.

Saito took this opportunity and jumped Claire. She was close enough for him to grab her. He had bitten her right arm and didn't let go. He tasted her blood. He dragged her into the woods. She struggled and screamed from the pain. He hated hurting her. But he isn't letting go, not until there is the safety of the cabin.

He looked down, and her wings were getting tattered. He growled and bit harder, his canines hitting bone. She screamed out and kicked her legs. Her wings flutter, trying to fly away. They were leaving a trail of blood against the snow.

"Stop!" She cried out. "Please?! It hurts. Saito! I'll go willingly; stop. Stop! Why are you hurting me?"

He knew what she was trying to do.

'Quiet,' he let Sai take over. 'There will be no sympathy for you. Guilt-tripping us-- won't do you any good either. Quit your yapping.'

Claire sob. "Your Sai?"